Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #31
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The Enchanted Isle - James M. Cain - $1.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._sp_asin_il_tl

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/boo...rEunzmVP-4FqWQ

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ench...ain/1001677089
Old 09-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #32
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Today's Open Road Media freebie:The Hound of the Baskervilles
by Arthur Conan Doyle, Otto Penzler (Introduction)
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #33
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Today's Open Road Media freebie:The Hound of the Baskervilles
by Arthur Conan Doyle, Otto Penzler (Introduction)

And at Amazon, also free:

http://www.amazon.com/Hound-Baskervi...lles+open+road
Old 09-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #34
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free at Amazon: A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid #6) by P.J. Parrish. Published by Pinnacle in 2005. Goodreads

AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00EV43P3A

CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00EV43P3A

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EV43P3A

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EV43P3A

Not available at B&N, Kobo, or Google Play at the time of posting.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #35
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Barnes & Noble in the US has a one-day sale of a number of mysteries for $1.99. I spotted this by a "splash" on their Nook Daily Deal webpage:
Quote:
BONUS: We've discounted some of our favorite mysteries and thrillers to just $1.99 for 24 hours only-- click here to save up to 80% and shop this special one day deal!
Link is here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?pro...SA&store=ebook

It isn't specific about which 24 hours. With that said, BN deals usually expire for me at either 9 or 10 pm on the US west coast - I can't remember which...

The list of books is:

Lisa Scottoline: Keep Quiet
Catherine Coulter: The Final Cut
Stuart Neville: The Ghosts of Belfast
Elizabeth Little: Dear Daughter
Douglas Preston: White Fire
Phillip Margolin: Sleight of Hand
Mary Higgins Clark: No Place Like Home
CJ Box: Stone Cold
David Shafer: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Louise Penny: Still Life
Jeffrey Deaver: The Stone Monkey
Nelson DeMille: The Quest
Greg Iles: Third Degree
Jeffrey Archer: Only Time WIll Tell
Olen Steinhauer: The Tourist
John Le Carre: The Constant Gardener
Adam Brookes: Night Heron
T Frank Muir: Eye for an Eye
Garry Disher: Wyatt
Charles Williams: The Hot Spot

Many of these are often on sale or are on sale elsewhere right now, but I don't have time to check out all of the other retailers right now. In a quick check of a few of the titles at Kobo Canada, about half of the ones I checked were available at the $1.99 price, and about half didn't seem to be on sale. And when I checked a few at Amazon US, all except two were at $1.99 - and of the two, one was full price and the other was at less than $1.99. So YMMV...

Last edited by sufue; 09-10-2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot the link
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #36
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post

Elizabeth Little: Dear Daughter
Surprised to see this discounted, it's brand-new, just came out last month. I listened to the audiobook version and mostly enjoyed it.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #37
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Thanks sufue. I had a small credit from the price fix settlement, this is just the ticket to use it up. I snagged the Stuart Neville (even though it's $1.39 at Amazon) and am trying to pick another to buy.

ETA: Bought C. J. Box's Stone Cold since I've read some of his other books. Put the Olen Steinhauer book on hold at my library since it sounded good. I've already read half a dozen of the others on offer (Deaver, Penny, MHC, DeMille, Le Carre, etc.)

Last edited by Synamon; 09-10-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #38
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Thanks sufue. I had a small credit from the price fix settlement, this is just the ticket to use it up. I snagged the Stuart Neville (even though it's $1.39 at Amazon) and am trying to pick another to buy.
The one on the list that I've read and am most impressed with is Still Life, which is the first in Louise Penny's excellent (IMO) Inspector Gamache series, set in Québec. But it's more of a police procedural, and very different from The Ghosts of Belfast, at least according to the blurb for Ghosts, which, however, I haven't read. I've been meaning to read Ghosts, which I picked up during some other sale, but for now it's still sitting in the TBR pile....sigh...

Last edited by sufue; 09-10-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #39
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Barnes & Noble in the US has a one-day sale of a number of mysteries for $1.99. I spotted this by a "splash" on their Nook Daily Deal webpage:

<snip>

Many of these are often on sale or are on sale elsewhere right now, but I don't have time to check out all of the other retailers right now. In a quick check of a few of the titles at Kobo Canada, about half of the ones I checked were available at the $1.99 price, and about half didn't seem to be on sale. And when I checked a few at Amazon US, all except two were at $1.99 - and of the two, one was full price and the other was at less than $1.99. So YMMV...
Thanks Sufue I've checked few the list also found just a few amazon haven't price matched reported them so hopefully they'll come down soon too. For Audiobook fans out of the ones Amazon have matched there are a handfull that have a cheap Whisper Sync for Voice price

Catherine Coulter: The Final Cut - Kindle $1.99 WS4V, $3.99
Stuart Neville: The Ghosts of Belfast - Kindle $1.39, WS4V $3.99
Greg Iles: Third Degree - Kindle $1.99, WS4V $3.99
Olen Steinhauer: The Tourist - Kindle $1.99, WS4V $3.99
Old 09-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Today's Amazon UK "Kindle Daily Deal" is 19 books in Stuart M. Kaminsky's excellent "Toby Peters" detective series, at the usual 99p per book. I already had some of them but I've taken the opportunity to fill in the gaps in the series.

The books are set in the 1940s, and mostly involve Peters, a private eye, being employed by film studios to sort out problems for film stars. Eg, here's the description of one of them:

Quote:
Coffins fill the basement of a crumbling Los Angeles movie theater. Five vampires crowd around fading horror idol Bela Lugosi, peppering him with questions. A malfunctioning plastic fang causes one of the undead-wannabes to lisp. The effect is less than fearsome, but Lugosi is terrified, for one of these oddballs has been making threats on his life. He hires Toby Peters to provide security against his unbalanced fans. The detective is not concerned, but he should be. Even fake vampires can kill.

Meanwhile, the Warner brothers contact Peters regarding a murder. A body has surfaced in one of Hollywood's darker corners, and police suspicion has fallen on one of the studio's star screenwriters: William Faulkner. As he struggles to balance the murder investigation while protecting Lugosi, Peters finds a thread connecting the two cases. To get Faulkner off the hook, he'll have to find out who wants to kill Hollywood's original Dracula.
A great opportunity to get an excellent series at a good price.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just bought one title, to see if I like it.

It's "Never Cross a Vampire," and I've already started reading it.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #42
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just bought one title, to see if I like it.

It's "Never Cross a Vampire," and I've already started reading it.
It's an awesome title, in any case...

Although my favorite along those lines is still Hugh Pentecost's The Cannibal Who Overate.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #43
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's an awesome title, in any case...

Although my favorite along those lines is still Hugh Pentecost's The Cannibal Who Overate.

Thanks for that information, sufue.

I know the name of Hugh Pentecost, but unfortunately I've never read anything by him. I'll check him out.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #44
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks for that information, sufue.

I know the name of Hugh Pentecost, but unfortunately I've never read anything by him. I'll check him out.
I picked up several of the Pentecost titles during Open Road's big Cyber Monday sale last year, when almost everything was marked to 1.99. Not that I've read them yet......just mentioning since the next holiday sales are not that far off any more...
(They've had that sale at least the last 2 years, of course can't be sure they'll keep it up.)
Old 09-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #45
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Eleven That Went up to Heaven, from near the end of the Inspector David Webb series by Anthea Fraser, is a Kindle US Countdown Deal, priced at $0.99 for about 3 1/2 more days before it goes up to $3.99. It's about 9 am US Pacific time right now on September 12. This was originally published in DTB in 1999.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMS6WOI/

Blurb:
Spoiler:
Quote:
When Richard Vine, a wealthy businessman and the proprietor of Beckworth Grange, organises a publicity event at which twenty of his guests share his name, he little imagines that a few hours later five of them would be dead.

A fatal road accident leaves Detective Chief Inspector David Webb with a bewildering array of 'Richard Vines' to be traced, accounted for and investigated.

By the following day what appeared to be an accident has developed more sinister implications…

Among the victims was the minibus driver, John Bainbridge, a man apparently revered and loved by all that knew him.

Finding it hard to believe that this man could be as saintly as portrayed DCI Webb and Sergeant Jackson start to dig for the truth behind his immaculate image.

Meanwhile, an amateur writing school opens at Beckworth Grange, and its army of would-be sleuths and eccentrics all start doing their best to help, or in some cases hinder police inquiries.

Could the killer have been after the host Richard Vine?

If so, could he still be the target for murder?

Eleven That Went up to Heaven’ is a gripping crime novel featuring Anthea Fraser's popular detective David Webb.

Praise for Anthea Fraser:

“A superbly crafted, riveting, page-turner of a read" - Booklist

“Ms Fraser is her dependable elegant, guileful self withholding the killer's identity till a dying fall" - Sunday Times

'A well-mannered, well-plotted and well-told story' - Birmingham Post

'Sympathetic, well-executed book, in which full attention is paid to human feelings and failings' - Yorkshire Post

ANTHEA FRASER has written all her life but did not begin to take it seriously until after marriage, when she found herself at home with two small daughters and embarked on a correspondence course with the London School of Journalism. She wrote short stories before turning to novels of the supernatural, and then to crime. Her other books include ‘The Ten Commandments’, ‘The Seven Stars’ and ‘One is One and All Alone’.

Endeavour Press is the UK's leading independent publisher of digital books.
Closed Thread