Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #1081
MecMuffin
MecMuffin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 5.3.6 JB
yes i have a large index, about 200 books.

Currently i only have Kual and Collection Manager, but CM stays where it is.

I have to add that there is maybe a bit of a mess in my documents folder. Because i started syncing with Calibre over USB, then i tryed RSYNC Plugin over Wifi, and now i ended up with a Script: Mount Kindle FS, Calibre connects to folder, rescan command, all over wifi.
MecMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #1082
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmmm....
I don't see why that would affect KUAL.

is there a pattern to WHEN it disappears?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #1083
MecMuffin

yeah when i return from an application or maybe from a book (not sure), I'll try to reproduce it
Old 09-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #1084
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. a pattern may help
Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #1085
MecMuffin

OK now i got it. It happens only when I disable USBNetworking (;un). very strange
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #1086
twobob

hmmmmmm.....

That truly is a good one?

Maybe Niluje has some insight... He wrote those scripts..
Old 09-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #1087
twobob

and they live in /mnt/us/usbnet/bin/usbnetwork

Is it corrupted? wrong line endings? something???

run it via KTERM maybe? get some output if there is some???
Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #1088
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No idea, besides hiding it with CM. (How does it appear in CM when you can't find it in the home screen?).

No issues w/ 300+ items here.

And the only thing disabling USBNet would do is maybe trigger a catalog scan, so, maybe check that the userstore fs is sane?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #1089
MecMuffin

Downgraded to 5.3.5 and now the problem is gone. Sorry if you wanted some investigations.

Yes i remember that i tryed to hide it with CM, didnt work, but maybe thats the cause.

Edit: Problem again. it happens when i run
Code:
ssh root@192.168.0.16 lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.scanner doFullScan 1
When i had less Books on the K it didnt happen,

In CM its not displayed when not visible on homescreen.

could really be that FS is not sane, know how to fix this? remove books completly and upload em again? I'll take a try

Last edited by MecMuffin; 09-14-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #1090
MecMuffin

Solved: It was an old Version of "My Clippings" which caused the problem. learned: no backup of "My Clippings"
Old 09-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #1091
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MecMuffin View Post
Solved: It was an old Version of "My Clippings" which caused the problem. learned: no backup of "My Clippings"
What the...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #1092
MecMuffin

shit happens
Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #1093
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Twobob you can add explorer_v1.5.zip to the KUAL 2.2 software list: it works great on kindle PW 5.3.4!
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #1094
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Some other updates for the post:

- Basic Audio Recorder for Kindle Touch: not working on kindle 3 (version tested: 3.4)
- BatteryStatus from Niluje is ready, and tested on Paperwhite and Kindle 3: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=14
- Duokan Launcher works on Kindle 3
- Gcalculator is ready to join the list too, I think
- KindleExplorer, as said before, works with minor bugs on PW

Ah, just a question: is there any basic text editor for Kindle 3? I've a PW too but it is really slower for taking notes...

Last edited by Aeris; 09-23-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #1095
twobob

I wish there was a simple text editor. There is of course nano (and Vi by default), posted nano for the kindle 3 a few times on here...

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified