Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
dandichka
dandichka began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Back Button?

Is there any button/key combo to go back to the previous view. I'm so used to hitting the back button on my mouse in my browser and many other programs. It would be a very useful feature.
dandichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
What do you mean by "view"? Do you mean the previous set of search results? Or a previous "view" being a set of columns and sort order?

Yuo can navigate search results using the "Walk Search History" plugin, I assign Alt+Left arrow and Atl+Right arrow to go forward/backward between search resutls (same keys as a web browser).

And there is the "View Manager" plugin if you want to assign customised columns/sort orders/restrictions to a keyboard shortcut/menu.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Question Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandichka View Post
Is there any button/key combo to go back to the previous view. I'm so used to hitting the back button on my mouse in my browser and many other programs. It would be a very useful feature.
Hi dandichka

Just in case you're talking about getting back from a search in the main library view, to the full library, try hitting the Escape key.

If that's not your situation/wish, please tell us more ...

Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Yuo can navigate search results using the "Walk Search History" plugin, I assign Alt+Left arrow and Atl+Right arrow to go forward/backward between search resutls (same keys as a web browser)....
Didn't know about this plugin - great news!
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Looking back at my dyslexic typing - shocking.

Yeah it is the main feature of that Walk Search History plugin, but I use it *all* the time. The main usage is when I am looking something up in multiple libraries - after switching libraries I just bash Alt+Left arrow and my same search is repeated. I also use it as a poor man's equivalent for multiple search tabs which calibre does not support - so if I get distracted into searching for a different book or whatever I can just Alt+left back to my previous search when done. Plus when testing plugins I am forever restarting calibre and frequently wanting to get a particular search result back to test again.

It would be nice to go the whole hog and have forward/back mouse button support available as another option/alternative for it. I don't know how possible that is... I'm sure Kovid can tell me
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
dandichka
dandichka began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Yuo can navigate search results using the "Walk Search History" plugin, I assign Alt+Left arrow and Atl+Right arrow to go forward/backward between search resutls (same keys as a web browser).
Yes, pretty much what I was looking for. Funny, I'd looked at the plugins before but didn't put it together that it was what I needed. I think the word "search" threw me off as I usually click on items in the tag browser to navigate... essentially that is search, but I wasn't thinking about it like that. I was thinking it was just for my previous specific searches entered for a title or word or such.

Thanks. This would be good to integrate into the program.
dandichka is offline   Reply With Quote