Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
applesauce

I am new to ereading. I use to be an avid reader devouring books hand over fist. But I have MS which has left me with optic nerve damage. Books just became a thing of my past. But now with my kindle touch I can increase the font and wow read again. I drooled over all the colour ereaders out there but was advised with my vision issues that eink was a must if I didn't want to end up not able to read for long stretches.
I have such wide tastes in what I love to read. Anne Rice to Harry Harrison to oldies like Sidney Sheldon and Stephen King. I am just about finished The 3rd book in the shades of grey set. I had wanted to start with something light but yawwwwn that was boring. I am thinking the Game Of Thrones books next. But knowing me I may change my mind by the morning hehehe
I found my way to the forum by accident while looking for a tablet for my husband to use as an ereader. He is coming to the dark side seeing I found him Harry Harrison Eden series online. He is over joyed as we lost our copies in a move years ago.
I have rattled on long enough. I hope to get to know everybody here.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi applesauce and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Wingpeople
▲▲ Books with Altitude ▲▲
Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wingpeople ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome! That's great that you can read the e-ink displays. I need to contact our friend with MS (also affecting her optic nerves) to see if Kindle will work for her. She uses software on her PC to enlarge the print enormously or to read things out loud to her, so perhaps a Kindle is another option.

Have you tried the automated voice at all? I've never tried it out, and wonder if it would be annoying after a while.
Wingpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
thanks everybody.

I hope the kindle works for your friend wingpeople. I am sure she will be able to borrow one to have a look. people do gigle at the size of my font and how big it is
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote