Old 04-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
valcho
Enthusiast
valcho is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecanuck View Post
Where can I find them in Canada? Thanks
According to the web site, they ship to Canada.
http://www.pocketbookreader.com/
valcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
somecanuck
Enthusiast
somecanuck is on a distinguished road

Device: none
They do, but the shipping is $29.90 USD. Adding 12.4% to the cost just for delivery is a bit unsettling. However, I suppose I could ship it to the border and make the 25 minute drive across..
somecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
valcho
Enthusiast

Quote:
They do, but the shipping is $29.90 USD. Adding 12.4% to the cost just for delivery is a bit unsettling. However, I suppose I could ship it to the border and make the 25 minute drive across..
Yes, to Point Roberts for example
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Dodo
Dodo is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Yes, this is what I did. There are parcel receiving companies in Point Roberts where you can get it shipped to (for example, http://www.tsbshipping.com/ ). I did not have to pay any duties when bringing it back into Canada.
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Shipping to the US at it's cheapest is $14.20, so you're only adding $15.79 or 6.6%.

Shipping to Canada at Dulin's Books is $26 so you'd save $3 additional.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
valcho
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Shipping to the US at it's cheapest is $14.20, so you're only adding $15.79 or 6.6%.

Shipping to Canada at Dulin's Books is $26 so you'd save $3 additional.

-Marcy
If I want use these services, I have to drive 120km (both ways) - so gas price and time should be included too ...
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
ppawel
ppawel began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
I'm in Montreal and I bought a PB301+ directly from http://www.pocketbookreader.com. I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again. Very fast shipping - I chose USPS/Canada Post since I hate waiting around for couriers to show up. I didn't have to pay duty when I picked it up but I did have to pay taxes on it.

Last edited by ppawel; 04-12-2010 at 09:53 PM.
ppawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #9
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by valcho View Post
If I want use these services, I have to drive 120km (both ways) - so gas price and time should be included too ...
Clearly for you the $16 additional is worth it. Not even including gas, your time is way more valuable than that!

For someone who lives on a border town or was otherwise going to make the trip anyway it might be worth it, otherwise I see the $16 as well spent.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #10
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Shipping to Australia was close to $50 and I'd definitely pay that again to get a Pocketbook. Absolutely worth it. Are you choosing the cheapest shipping option? I know when I bought mine it defaulted to the quickest delivery date, not the cheapest shipping price. The different was around $60.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppawel View Post
I'm in Montreal and I bought a PB301+ directly from http://www.pocketbookreader.com. I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again. Very fast shipping - I chose USPS/Canada Post since I hate waiting around for couriers to show up. I didn't have to pay duty when I picked it up but I did have to pay taxes on it.
Thanks, Pavel.

This is very interesting moment, that I took from my experience of shipping orders to Canada. If you choose cheaper shipment option, USPS, it'd cost about 21 USD, BUT you'll HAVE TO pay Canadian customs, or I'd say the UPS's brokerage fee, something about CAD50. On the other hand, if you choose USPS's Flat Rate - it'll cost about USD30.00, but they do not charge brokerage fee.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
ppawel
ppawel began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Yes, that's another reason I went with USPS -- to avoid brokerage fees.
ppawel is offline   Reply With Quote