Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #46
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Great.

I will check the message, probably I just copied the lines of code from the previous version, forgetting about editing them. Thanks for pointing it out.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #47
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi everyone,

during the Christmas holidays I will have some spare time, and part of it can be channelled to Ex Libris.

Hence, if you have suggestions to improve this plugin or feature requests, please let me know by posting in this thread, thanks.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #48
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

I like your plugin and I only have an idea. I like to put series in the ex-libris, but there is an empty entrance when there's no series. Could it be configured so the text associated to a metadata doesn't appear if the metadata is empty? I can use two exlibris, but this would be easier.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #49
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi,

thanks for suggesting this, I will try to figure out how to implement this in the next release.

AlPe
Old 08-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #50
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Post just to keep this thread alive (some user told me it is closed ?!)

EDIT: the thread is not locked.

I take the chance to announce that, since Calibre ~0.9.29 the plugin does not seem to work on those EPUB ebooks that have been opened with the Calibre Viewer IFF the option to remember the last page read is active. My guess is that something is going on with the way Calibre updates the library db and/or the zipping of the EPUB after it adds the calibre_bookmarks.txt file.

For the moment you should downgrade Calibre or disable that option. I plan to look into this issue (and hopefully fix it) in a couple of days.

Last edited by AlPe; 08-24-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #51
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi, I think I found and fixed the issue.

I have put a fixed version of the plugin here: http://www.albertopettarin.it/misc/exlibris_plugin.zip

If someone who suffered from the above issue can take some time to manually install it and report back that this version solves the issue indeed, I will push it to the index thread, so that everyone could benefit from it.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I got two independent confirmations, so I pushed version 1.0.17, fixing the aforementioned issue with zipfile.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #53
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
You must supply an XHTML file containing the ex libris to be inserted, and --- optionally --- any other resource needed (images, CSS files, fonts, etc.).
How do you create the XHTML file that you want to use for the Ex Libris plug in?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #54
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

You can use any text editor of your choice.

You can start by modifying the sample XHTML files provided in the ZIP file in the first post of this thread.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #55
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
You can use any text editor of your choice.

You can start by modifying the sample XHTML files provided in the ZIP file in the first post of this thread.
I've been trying, but every time I save it and try to find my file all I find is an apparently empty folder.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #56
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

How do you create the modified XHTML file so that the Ex Libris plug in can find it when you try to load it up? I must be doing something wrong because when I try to load the file that I've created (in the text editor) all I see is an empty folder.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #57
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Sorry, I have not seen your message until now. If you use the Calibre Plugin, click on "Configure" in the main dialog, and then you can specify the path of your custom XHTML file for the ex libris.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #58
JupiterJones
JupiterJones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello,

I really like your plugin and have used it many many times over the years. I recently opened a epub with rar to check something and noticed that there are strange files in the exlibirs folder:

Quote:
locationnotificationsview.xml
NdfEventView.xml
RacRules.xml
tcpbidi.xml
wsmanconfig_schema.xml
xpsrchvw.xml
Can someone please explain to me what these files are used for?

Regards
JupiterJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #59
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi, you are welcome.

The plugin itself does not generate those files. Hence, unless the plugin broke with a recent version of Calibre (sorry, I no longer have time to maintain the plugin), either they were included by the plugin because they were in the exlibris directory specified in the plugin settings, or they were part of the original EPUB which already had a "exlibris" directory and a name collision occurred when the exlibris was applied by the plugin.

If you can share the EPUB, I could be more precise.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #60
korben
Enthusiast
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: pocketbook touch 2
Hello there,

I confirm: the ex-libris plugin does not work with version 2 of Calibre. It no longer appears in the toolbar and you can not even open the settings window.
Too bad, I used it a lot for a long time.

Last edited by korben; 08-23-2014 at 03:36 PM.
korben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ex libris