Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
ash12
ash12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook tablet
Question about PDF reading on Nook tablet

Hi,

I would like to ask how is the capability of Nook tablet in reading large pdf?
I tried finding in the internet, but I cannot find much about how it handle pdf, and some review say that it have problems in reading pdf.
I current have a kindle keyboard and I feel is it not very good in scrolling.
Anyone that have the tablet can help me on this?
Thanks a lot
ash12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
it works pretty well. you click on a pdf and you get your choice of viewing it with either the reader program or the lite version of the office thing they have on there.

With the good processor and gig of RAM, it handles them fine. I actually have a scanned book that gives Goodreader on my ipad1 fits (takes a few seconds to flip a page-- it's something goofy with that scanned document. The Nook handles it much better.

That said, you're gonna want to check it out at the store. Bring a document on a microSD or find one you can download online that's like what you want to use. If for no other reason, 7 inch screens stink for PDF (especially skinny ones like this). Print is very small in portrait and you can only fit 1/3 of a page on landscape.

If you really want a good PDF reader, I'd consider a refurb iPad 1 for not much more (I never had any problems with a PDF other than that one) or a bigger android like a Xoom or something (gonna be a lot of deals on those black friday).

To top it off, it looks like the Nook tablet is not gonna be as easy to hack/mod as the color was. Pretty good chance I'm taking mine back unless XDA hits the motherload before my 14 day window closes.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
ash12
ash12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook tablet
Thanks for your reply.
I cannot try out any nook tablet as my country does not sell them.
And I would like to have a more portable tablet for reading.
And one more thing is it able to search for text in pdf?
ash12 is offline   Reply With Quote