Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
terryg
terry_cyp
terryg began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Navigating the Library

I keep seeing references in the forum and reviews to all the problems of moving through the library if you have a large no. of books stored.

As a fairly new user I have controlled this to some extent by organising my books (and other documents) in folders and using the Sort by File Path option for display.

At least this way I know whereabouts in the multiple pages to find something I'm looking for, but it doesn't reduce the delay in getting there or in moving between files in different areas.

When will CyBook come up with some firmware which allows us to:
1) Go direct to a selected library page no.
2) Sort the displayed library items on a wider range of parameters - e.g. author, most recent additions etc. plus facility for a reverse sort on any parameter.
3) View a more condensed library listing with just 1 line per item, and therefore far fewer pages to navigate.
4) Add reading lists to group books/files we want to group together - whether or not these are synchronised with the ones offered on the Mobipocket reader.

Any one of the above improvements would further reduce the current problem. If we can have them all there will no longer be a problem!
terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Nobody here knows when it is actually going to be, but Cybook promised Folder-support with the next update - keep your fingers crossed and and in the meantime - enjoy the great product
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert