Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #61
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)

Came over wifi.
I just got 2.3.0 dated 12/3/12 on my Mini (though device information says it is 2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)

release notes:
1. Check your reading stats while you read
2. Enjoy improved title displays
3. Sync your Library to a micro SD card if your device is full
4. Learn how to add a book directly from Help menu
5. Experience our updated home screen
6. Benifit from multiple bug fixes

(obviously #3 is n/a for mini which doesn't have SD card slot)
Only change I see for home page is a new Sync button where reading life button was in 2.1.5.
if using sleep cover the device doesn't put itself back to sleep if you take longer than a minute to read one page without touching the screen, that was very irritating in 2.1.5 glad it no longer does that in 2.3.0/2.3.1.

Edit: I spoke to soon, 2.3.0/2.3.1 does still sleep the device if you take more than about 60 seconds to read a page after you open your sleep cover, at least it did the third time I did this after the update so perhaps now it is intermitant, I just wish they would make the time a bit longer, I am often on the last line of the page and the stupid thing goes to sleep on me if I haven't touched the screen.

Last edited by jiminrussell; 12-14-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: sleep cover update
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #62
JayKay25
JayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Mini
2.3.1 came through today on my Mini. Unfortunately, now I can't read my books through Adobe Digital. They show up in my library, but the pages are blank. The weird thing is I can do a "search" for a word and I get a list...but if I try to go to one of the pages, it's still blank. Anyone have any ideas???

I am so sorry I agreed to the upgrade. My Mini was working perfectly before.
JayKay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #63
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I didn't have any epubs from Adobe on my mini to test with so I authorized the mini an copied over a book using Adobe digital editions and it works fine, no problem with text not showing up. I didn't test the whole book but 11/22/63 is a bit long to check the whole thing I only went as far as the second chapter and no issue with blank pages.

Perhaps the update only causes the problem with epubs you already have on the device when you do the update?
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #64
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay25 View Post
The weird thing is I can do a "search" for a word and I get a list...but if I try to go to one of the pages, it's still blank
Some time ago I had a somehow similar experience. But only parts of the book were blank. In my case the culprit was the font. After i changed the font the whole text became visible .
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #65
dtmitcam
dtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura aboutdtmitcam has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay25 View Post
2.3.1 came through today on my Mini. Unfortunately, now I can't read my books through Adobe Digital. They show up in my library, but the pages are blank. The weird thing is I can do a "search" for a word and I get a list...but if I try to go to one of the pages, it's still blank. Anyone have any ideas???

I am so sorry I agreed to the upgrade. My Mini was working perfectly before.
Can you try the following:

A couple of things to try... First can you sign-out and sign back in and see if you can read the books. If that does not work I recommend re-copying your Adobe Digital content back to the Device using Adobe digital Editions.

David Mitchell
dtmitcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #66
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by spino View Post
Well, it seems i owe you a beer
I did it again. But this time follow your "method", first 2.1.5 => 2.2.0.
Once finished, i checked that sleep cover was working and have no block on turning pages after stand-by.

Once i was sure 2.2.0 works, i've installed 2.2.1 over it.
All was fine except dor sleep cover.

This time i didn't resign!
I've unmounted micro sd, turn it off, turn it on, mounted micro sd, and now sleep cover it works!

So, thanx pal, becouse now my Kobo Glo is on 2.2.1!
Currently downloading an Ereader Upgrade pkg via desktop software to my KG. I am wondering if its the 2.3.1 update peeps are starting to trend about.
I am thinking it is as the Developers Forum is listing it as the update for Canadian Users.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #67
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Anyone got a link for the 2.3.1 firmware for the glo?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #68
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spino View Post
Well, it seems i owe you a beer
I did it again. But this time follow your "method", first 2.1.5 => 2.2.0.
Once finished, i checked that sleep cover was working and have no block on turning pages after stand-by.

Once i was sure 2.2.0 works, i've installed 2.2.1 over it.
All was fine except dor sleep cover.

This time i didn't resign!
I've unmounted micro sd, turn it off, turn it on, mounted micro sd, and now sleep cover it works!

So, thanx pal, becouse now my Kobo Glo is on 2.2.1!

I did the same as I found sleep cover wasn't working after upgrading to 2.2.1
After removing the sdcard restarting and putting the crd back in it worked! nice thanks!
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #69
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Currently downloading an Ereader Upgrade pkg via desktop software to my KG. I am wondering if its the 2.3.1 update peeps are starting to trend about.
I am thinking it is as the Developers Forum is listing it as the update for Canadian Users.

Regards

Jack
The Direct Link thread in the Developer's Forum doesn't have a link for 2.3.1 yet, as no one has posted one, and my Glo isn't being updated.

So, any link would be for the 2.2.0/2.2.1 firmware, which is a Japan release. Unless you are talking about an earlier version.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #70
leslie_ms
leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi, Kobo Touch, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Just got 2.3.1. Am I the only one?

I got it last night (14Dec) when I downloaded a new book. It was a complete surprise. I prefer to let others try updates for a couple of days before I install them.

I haven't had any problems with it so far. But, I noticed that the bug that shows the wrong book cover still isn't fixed. An annoyance, not a show stopper.
leslie_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #71
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Indeed it's pretty baffling that the showing-the-wrong-cover-on-sleep bug hasn't been fixed yet.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #72
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Indeed it's pretty baffling that the showing-the-wrong-cover-on-sleep bug hasn't been fixed yet.
It's a persistent little beggar that seems to get whacked then shows up again out of the blue (experience with beta's anyway).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #73
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I'm regretting going to 2.3.1 as now my glo won't go to sleep using the power button for some reason.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #74
fx3000se
fx3000se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The Direct Link thread in the Developer's Forum.
are you talking about this link? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660

I would volunteer to test 2.3.1 on my mini
fx3000se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #75
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
That is the link, but someone who can get the firmware update has to check out and post the download link first...
Why are you so wild on testing it?

Last edited by opitzs; 12-15-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: I hated this typo
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote