Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
AURA H2O battery life

Has anyone else noticed a significant drain on battery power with their H2O? Because I am definitely not getting what I should get when I was using my Aura ..

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I wouldn't say significant, but I have noticed the battery depletes faster than my old HD. Not sure what would contribute to the difference. The new screen tech?
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage
My battery indicator seems stuck at 100% despite at least 3 hours of reading with the light set at 40%. Hopefully I won't go to use it and find it dead.
luvhilndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
9 hours reading at 30% light or so and some 15 minutes of WiFi to sync, plus one reboot and scanning of SD card and I'm still about 85%

That's two days of reading and about 1800 page turns.

Last edited by Haesslich; 10-16-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I don't notice any difference in battery life between my Glo and H2O.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:16 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Comparing my Aura HD and Aura H2O, I'd say the battery life is pretty much the same though I do tend to read more on the H2O with the light on. That physical light button is sorely missed.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:15 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've not used any other Kobo device, but the battery life on my H2O seems to be on a par with my PW2.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
My h2o is getting better battery life than my Glo (I think) - I've had it two weeks, read about 1/2 to 1 hour most days, light on, wifi off, and it's showing 57%. I believe my Glo is much faster draining, but I don't really keep track.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:34 AM   #9
dust
dust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: nook
Mine appears to last only a few days with the glow light off from a full charge. Bought on day of release directly from Kobo, it looks like I got a defective unit.
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust View Post
Mine appears to last only a few days with the glow light off from a full charge. Bought on day of release directly from Kobo, it looks like I got a defective unit.
Type of case in use?
Power Settings (ie sleep time / power off time)?
SD card in use?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #11
dust
dust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy bluedust can differentiate black from dark navy blue

No case. Power settings are the factory default ones.

I had a 64GB Sandisk microSD card inserted, but based on your question I've removed it to see if it makes any difference. So now it is essentially all factory default settings, just with the glow light off completely.

I will leave it alone and see how quickly it discharges from a full charge without use.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #12
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Solved my battery life issues.

Well got fed up, exchanged the H2O for a new unit and all seems to be fine now! Battery life is up to snuff. With the first unit I swear you could actually watch the battery meter drop visually. Now it is as good as the Aura HD is.

Definitely a defective battery.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #13
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
32 GB for SDHC cards are largest capacity cards for recommended for Kobo readers. Your 64GB Sandisk microSD card can only work if it has special formatting.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #14
dust

So after leaving it alone for a week the battery dropped only a few percent (SD card removed - factory reset, in sleep mode). However reading normally (no light on, just turning a page every minute or so) for a couple of hours drained 10% of the battery life.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust View Post
So after leaving it alone for a week the battery dropped only a few percent (SD card removed - factory reset, in sleep mode). However reading normally (no light on, just turning a page every minute or so) for a couple of hours drained 10% of the battery life.
Hmmm. For comparison, I've just recharged mine after using it for 2-3h a day for the last week, with the light on (at 24%). The battery meter said 62% when I put it on to charge. I don't use an SD card.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote