Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
dufourg
dufourg began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
Pandigital Novel Fingerprint Mismatch

Hi, I have a bit of a problem with my Pandigital. I'm trying to download eBooks from my local library and I need to use a program called Adobe Digital Editions to get them on. I downloaded my eBook (.epub) to this program and I transferred it successfully to the Pandigital, but when I open the book it says "Error: Fingerprint mismatch can not open the file". It has nothing to do with the library side of things as I have two friends with them who can do this process easily - there must be something with my device that I'm missing.

I've already tried downloading other books. I've also deleted that folder .adobe digital editions and restarted the process. I've also made sure the timezone was correct.

Any ideas on what might cause this?

Thanks
dufourg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
almartin
almartin began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
My name is Al Martin "al.martin@shaw.ca" and I have the exact same problem and am also looking for the answer? If you solve this issue I would appreciate it if you could share the answer with me?
Regards,
Al
almartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
One question Is the Kobo software using the same ADE account that is being used with ADE on the PC?

Try authorizing the PDN with ADE-PC.

Have you recently updated the PDN - if so it may require you to re-authorize it via wifi as well.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
x2 for jlg432. Have you authorized your Pandigital Novel with the Adobe ADE program? Which Novel do you have - white or black?
I have the white one. Instructions for using Adobe ADE on the Novel is on page 58 of my users manual.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
nancybout
nancybout began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Lmk.how it works for you!!7
I'mDebating which to buy!i.have reg nook reader,but now s year later
I want color lol
nancybout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
x2 for jlg432. Have you authorized your Pandigital Novel with the Adobe ADE program? Which Novel do you have - white or black?
I have the white one. Instructions for using Adobe ADE on the Novel is on page 58 of my users manual.
This. The device must be registered with Adobe for it to work with ADE encrypted files. (in addition there are two types of ADE, an older version - that's probably what the library is using - and a newer version as used on the Nook which including the 'loaning' option.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
It would help to know whether your PDN is the white or black model, what version of the firmware you have and what android app you are using to open the book.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
almartin
almartin began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
I have the black Pandigital Novel model.
I am using a Apple Mac book and After downloading the e-book *.ascm file on my Apple computer . The first question is what program do you want to use to save the file "adobe digital editions" the next question is a box that asked "always allow" or "allow" Adobe Digital Editions to use the e-reader device individual identify before saving. I used to pick the "allow" option and was able to transfer the e-book to more than one e-reader. I choose the "always allow" option and now I get this error message?

Regards,
Al
almartin is offline   Reply With Quote