Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
ufoDziner
ufoDziner began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
903 release date

I've looked around, but couldn't find when the 903 is expected to be released. Does anyone have any info? Thanks
ufoDziner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Third week of November, from Germany.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoDziner View Post
I've looked around, but couldn't find when the 903 is expected to be released. Does anyone have any info? Thanks
Just got email from the dutch supplier:

Helaas moet ik u mededelen dat de verwachte leverdatum voor uw PocketBook Pro 903 Dark Silver is verschoven naar 29 november. Dit door een vertraging van onze leverancier.

Wij hopen op uw begrip.

To translate not 15 November but the 29 will be the delivery date (that is if they dont push it into December)
It does not feel good te me :-( And i am very dissapointed that i have to wait that much longer before i can get a decent size reader.

Anyone here knows if the 902 is also delayed? [Edit] Yes, also, there are (so told the duth store me) troubles getting the machines from China, no reason given, but they said that they will deliver the device asap.

Last edited by Roos; 11-03-2010 at 07:19 AM. Reason: New info from supplier
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
dainys
dainys began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook G3-> PB 360-> PB Pro 902 (preordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
Just got email from the dutch supplier:

Anyone here knows if the 902 is also delayed? [Edit] Yes, also, there are (so told the duth store me) troubles getting the machines from China, no reason given, but they said that they will deliver the device asap.
So sad I know what it is like to wait such a long time
Interesting, what about Germany, did the custom get the 902 as was planned?
Maybe mtravellerh could spill some information?
dainys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
More news, alas from an unconfirmed source told me it is a Firmware problem that is holding up the 903.
In the Pocketbook forum over here at the firmware section at the end of a very very long thread (German), some one from Pocketbook confirms it, and that is al the new models, they have all the programmers burning the midnight oil on this one ;-) Just a shame you have to dig so long to know what is happening.
The only thing that gives me shivers atm is that since 14.2 they have not been able to create stable firmware (now 15.3 in beta) so i really really hope they get this thing crashfree soon..
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
I knew all the risks when preordered PB903 but it's still disappointing. Hope they'll fix it ASAP because we all know the big loser will be the company itself. We are clients and can't be fooled to wait for bug free device. I made my choice considering all available info and deadlines. So we can hope they act professional from now on. They just should announce it and give us the new deadline. As simple as that.

Last edited by onesome; 11-05-2010 at 07:53 AM.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
here it states that they will be available on November 20th (at least a first batch - mine should be in there ).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
www.pocketgoods.de has new date for 603/903 - 25 Nov. Still nothing official from PB. Mystery. At least some kind of info would be better than this.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
www.pocketgoods.de has new date for 603/903 - 25 Nov.
ouch... and thanks for spotting it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
I guess I'm becoming overly sensitive towards this kind of thing (after over a year of waiting for the Pandora), but it bugs me. Particularly after PocketGoods reassured me on this forum that the date had not slipped, they now note the delay on the website but didn't bother to send a notice about it.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote