Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
LinuxLady
LinuxLady began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
New official firmware v 1.4.20100625 on the Onyx website

Hi Folks,

It looks like v 1.4.20100625 is officially out on the Chinese part of the Onyx website (go to "Supports->downloads" and switch to the Chinese version of the site). A brief play doesn't show anything different from what was in the betas
LinuxLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #2
TimMason
Big Ears
TimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it is

Device: Onyx Boox 60, iPad
Since installing this, the Boox connection with my iMac is even worse than it was before. It was never very easy to get them to talk together, but now the Boox ejects itself after about five minutes, leaving a warning message on the Mac. I also suspect it of messing up the file system on the Mac itself: I've been having more trouble with permissions than at any time previous, and have had to repair the disk.

This seems to be a bug, but I can find nowhere on the Onyx site to report it. I'm beginning to think iPad.
TimMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Are there other people with similar problems with this firmware release?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
I have tested the June 25 update and connected Boox with MacBook pro running Leopard snow and it all went smooth. There was no problem at all, except that if you eject either Boox or SD Card separately, Mac would give the message that these have not been properly ejected. But if you select both and then eject, no message would pop up.
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
I decided to install the new firmware and noticed the same problem as TimMason. I connected the Boox to my MacBoox with Snow Leopard, copied a couple of ebooks to it and then let it stay connected. After a couple of minutes it spontaneously ejected and Mac OS X gave an error message.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Not sure if this is the same problem but I can no longer use Calibre for file transfer from Linux, Permission denied problem. I can transfer manually with a file manager though.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
TimMason
Big Ears
TimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it isTimMason knows what time it is

Device: Onyx Boox 60, iPad
Quote:
Are there other people with similar problems with this firmware release?
I have seen the problem mentioned on another site. The person was using Ubuntu rather than a Mac. He recommended using a card-reader, and this works, but it does mean that you cannot get at the main memory easily.
TimMason is offline   Reply With Quote