Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
2nd Marvin

I now have two Marvin apps on my iPad. The new iPad only version is empty. The old one has all of my books on it. Is there any reason to keep the iPad only version? If so, is there any way to transfer my books?

(I'd also like to transfer books to my iPhone - or better yet, get them to automatically use the same library).
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
There's no reason to stick to the "old" version. You can use this guide to migrate all your books and settings to the new one before deleting: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/67661991764
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
HowardBrazee
Zealot

That worked! I was able to migrate then delete the old Marvin. iTunes did not differentiate the two versions of Marvin where I could read it - so I deleted the one with the old date.

When I did the "send", I saw that one option was to Drop Box. I hoped that that might be a way to prime the synchronization and get the library on my iPhone as well, so I backed up there as well. Nope, that doesn't seem to do it. Well, I don't need synchronization to my iPhone, but am curious what the synchronization check box is supposed to synchronize.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wouldn't recommend using backups as a synchronisation method. It's too cumbersome and backup files will tend to grow large as you add more books to your library. Of course you can send backups to Dropbox (or any other cloud app) to keep "cloud" backups.

The sync option is to synchronise your reading location between devices. I wrote something about it here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/61407972806
Old 12-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
HowardBrazee
Zealot

OK, I can synchronize my books between my iPad's Marvin and my iPhone's Marvin. But I need to load the books separately in each device?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
kguil
Addict

Yes, that's right.