Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Should I wait?

Sigh.

A few days ago I finally decided to get a V3.
But after some email correspondence with Jinke, I'm not so sure if I want to get it now :/

They say that they will release a successor to V3 by the end of year. It will support touchscreen and wifi, and more expensive than V3, but they couldn't tell by how much yet.

It sounds nice even though I'm not really sure if i will really need the touch screen (I do imagine that it would be very useful for some occassions), and I still don't know about the price difference.

Should I wait again? ^^;

Edit: I forgot to ask Jinke an important question, I hope someone here knows the answer. Does V3 support plucker format?

Last edited by luag; 07-28-2008 at 11:38 AM.
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
If you want it (and have the money) then get it now. Generally, it's better to focus to present and get something that you'd use now...
Though, if there are rumours that e-ink technology will change in the next months then maybe it's not a bad idea to wait a bit; wifi or touchcreen and such paraphernalia are good to have available but not very important for reading novels.
When e-ink screen change then I'll get the new model.
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
Should I wait again? ^^;
It is always a hard question - to wait or not to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
Edit: I forgot to ask Jinke an important question, I hope someone here knows the answer. Does V3 support plucker format?
AFAIK, out-of-the box - no. But you can install alternative firmware with FBReader port installed as main reader. It should support Plucker (but, possibly, you have to rename your files so they have .fb2 extension, it's temporary work-around).
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote