Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Yes you're right, they are folders, not files.
Have you done that way?
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
I have now wasted over an hour with the useless "tips" in this thread.
Copied "apps" and "lib" folder and the update.oar file with and without the "multitasking" subfolder into the internal main hierarchy, into "root", into "usr" and into "tmp". It does restart but not update.
THANKS.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #18
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Well, that's everything i can help. That happened to me, i tried to install from not the main folder and wasn't sucessfull. Luckily my tip helped another person.

Mayber someone wiser in Linux can help you more, i'm just a regular user with no expertise in computers..
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #19
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
уточнение

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
Thank you, on i62M HD - works!
Great joy!
The problem that I found, long tap - turn causes closures of tasks (documents). So it should be?
No icon (near the "menu"), but responds well to push! :-)))
I specify founding bug:
1) Open the PDF-reader
2) open Djvu-reader
3) open the file manager. Select the file (long pushing calls a "menu").
4) open at once the menu of Djvu-reader (that is already 2 (!) Menu). And does not retract. It is located on top of all windows and prevents ... (
5) If in the Task list choose Djvu-reader, the book freezes . Helps only restart.
5a) if you work with other applications - the book does not hang, but the menu ... is impeding ...

Уточняю найденный баг:
1) открыть PDF-ридер
2) открыть Djvu-ридер
3) открыть файловый менеджер. Выбрать файл (долгий тапом вызывает "меню").
4) открывается сразу и меню Djvu-ридера (то есть уже 2(!) меню). И никак не убирается. Находится поверх всех окон и мешает...
5) если в Task list выбрать Djvu-ридер, то книга виснет . Помогает только перезагрузка.
5а) если работать с другими приложениями - то книга не виснет, но меню... очень мешает...
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #20
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Denfenderland, I was copying the "multitasking" folder inside a folder I created in the internal memory (a folder called "updates"), and after restarting nothing happened. Then, as RobinDesBois suggested, I coppied "apps", "lib" folder and the update.oar file directly in the folder which appears when I connect my Boox to the computer (not in a folder called "root"), and it worked. Maybe it would also work if I copied the "multitasking" folder instead of its content.
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #21
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
It works fine for me with PDF reader and FBReader, but when I include the browser in the multitasking, it freezes (it did so on two occasions, as I didn't have the time to test it a lot) and I have to restart.

Other than that, switching between tasks is fairly quick. It is very useful for studying foreign languages, as you can open one and the same book in two different languages and read paragraph by paragraph consecutively from one and then the other.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #22
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
[QUOTE=Kirith;2492265]I specify founding bug:
1) Open the PDF-reader
2) open Djvu-reader

The DjVU reader was add to the feature in last moment and has not been tested yet. I was mostly focused on PDF Reader. Please avoid to use it in multitasking for the moment. It indeed causes some issues.We will fix it asap.

Last edited by Booxtor; 04-24-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #23
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
It is very useful for studying foreign languages.
I was planning to use this feature for the same purpouse

A suggestion: Now, when I turn the device off and turn it on again, only the last book I had opened re-opens automatically. I would prefer that all the books (or applications) that I had open in multitasking reopened again automatically.
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Finally it works.
That's how it worked for me:
Extract multitasking.rar and copy the two folders (apps, lib) and the update.oar file from the extracted "multitasking" folder to the "internal storage".
Do not use OTFM-file manager and copy them into the "root" or any other system directory! That was the error why it didn't work for me.

Last edited by Defenderland; 04-24-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #25
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi guys!

Unzip and copy "apps" and "lib" folders and the update.oar file directly from archive in the folder which appears when you connect your Boox to the computer (internal memory of your device, where you usually create folders for your library).

In your device click on update.oar

After reboot (automatically) you can use it.
Please note that this tool is still beta!

The feature works on M92, i62HD and i62HD Firefly (cross platform)

On "i" models in the Task Bar instead of an icon for Task Manager there is an empty place right to the Menu icon - click on it.

Your feedback is welcome.
After installing do I keep "apps" and "lib" folders and the update.oar file or delete them?

EDIT
Works on the Firefly, just don't switch tasks while having the dictionary popup window open or it will mess things up and you'll need to reboot the device.

Last edited by yayo; 04-24-2013 at 11:14 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #26
Defenderland
Groupie

MT really works. Pushes the M92 into a whole other league of e-readers. Congratulations for this achievement.
Still not totally stable, but nevertheless a big improvement.

Observations:

running 1 PDF
When choosing "Explorer" in the multitasking-window, sometimes the screen is not fully refreshed (here only the upper left corner of the explorer is then displayed, while the rest still displays the PDF-page).
Workaround: move the joystick - and the screen refreshes

running 1 PDF + 2 scribbles:
When opening a 2nd scribble, the first one seems to become replaced with the new one.

Bug: crash (system hangs)
running 1 PDF + 1 scribble
Choosing in multitask-window to close the scribble:
"Sure to close this BOOK?" -> YES closes the PDF, not the scribble
Afterwards scribble is still visible, but the system hangs (full shutdown with power button necessary)

Last edited by Defenderland; 04-24-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #27
Defenderland
Groupie

Open PDF - open MT-window - select Explorer - in Explorer open MT-window - choose opened PDF - system hangs.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Open PDF - open MT-window - select Explorer - in Explorer open MT-window - choose opened PDF - system hangs.
Yes, you are right.. Have to fix it ASAP

Last edited by Booxtor; 04-24-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #29
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Is it possible to synchronize the reading of two books?
Example: I'm reading a french book, and the original book in english. So, the idea is: when I'm reading chapter 3, both books go to chapter 3, and when I go to next page in english book, automatically it go to the next page also in the french version.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #30
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
Is it possible to synchronize the reading of two books?
Example: I'm reading a french book, and the original book in english. So, the idea is: when I'm reading chapter 3, both books go to chapter 3, and when I go to next page in english book, automatically it go to the next page also in the french version.
I have never seen a translated book having exactly the same pagination as the original. The probability should be << 1%.
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote