Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
johnson2
johnson2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch - is it possible to search on tags ???

In calibre, I go to a lot of trouble to organize my library using tags. But that seems to be useless when I load the books onto my touch where I can search by Title, Author and Keyword. What is a Keyword, part of a title ? I don't think it's looking at tags at all but that would be a great addition to the next release of the Kobo Touch firmware. Or am I missing something ???
Don

Last edited by johnson2; 02-17-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: to clarify the type of e-reader
johnson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Welcome to mobileread, johnson2.

No, the KT doesn't seem to recognise the tags classifying books as Classic, or Mystery or whatever. I think quite a lot of people would like to have that facility, but I'm not aware that it's "in the pipeline". However we do have some people in mobileread who are beta testers, so one of them may know more.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert