Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
hard_boiled
hard_boiled began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Enable Bluetooth on Rooted Simple Touch

I rooted my Nook Simple Touch, and everything is working great. The only thing that I'd like to do now is get the bluetooth working so that I can attach a headset (for audio) and a keyboard (for more in-depth typing). Can someone point me in the right direction to get this accomplished? Thanks.
hard_boiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
From what I've read bluetooth doesn't work on the STR because its not there. Least that's what I've read, maybe that is wrong.

You could try here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1198 thats your best bet in finding out.

Cheers...
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
hard_boiled
hard_boiled began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
OK thanks. I was suckered in by the early descriptions that said that BT was there, just not enabled. It looks as though they are using a different processor than the other nooks:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1310349

Sadly, no BT.
hard_boiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Well as some say "USB Host Mode" might be the answer but if it is its a ways off. Was going to mention that in previous post but didn't want you to get your hopes up.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Well as some say "USB Host Mode" might be the answer but if it is its a ways off.
I'm not so sure about that.
Typed on my Nook Touch with USB keyboard.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i was just pointed at this video from another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWBNxbA8f64

what they 've done is rooted the NST , installed some remote desk top app and then logged in to their computer. the keyboard is attached to the computer(mac in this case) but he can also operate some aspects of the computer os (print for instance) from the NST touch screen
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i was just pointed at this video from another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWBNxbA8f64

what they 've done is rooted the NST , installed some remote desk top app and then logged in to their computer. the keyboard is attached to the computer(mac in this case) but he can also operate some aspects of the computer os (print for instance) from the NST touch screen
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Well this shows usb host mode working without a computer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1457971
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, simple touch