Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Favorite Android Apps

I just posted the top 20 apps and I got to thinking those might be the top 20 but a good amount where not my favorite apps. So here's the question what's your favorite android app.

Mine are
*Maps
*Moon+ Reader
*K9 Mail
*Gtask
*Evernote
*Movies
*RepliGO
*Podtrapper
*Abduction(My kids love this game)
*Battle Heart( still my favorite game)
*Soduko

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've been playing Age of Conquest: Europe to death. I'm thinking of getting the North America or World maps for a little variety.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Moon+
Mortplayer
Pocketcasts
Alarm Clock Extreme

Utilities
Wifi File Explorer Pro
Titanium Backup
LEDs Hack
Backlight off
Droidwall
Amazon App store

Games:
Dropwords
Tower Raiders 1/2
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
For me, MUST HAVE apps include (top 3 in bold):

Utils:
  1. AppBrain App Market
  2. ES File Explorer
  3. News & Weather
  4. Allrecipes
  5. B&N Nook
  6. ConvertPad
  7. Diskusage
  8. ezPDF Reader
  9. MoboPlayer with codec for ARM
  10. Super Manager

Games:
  1. 250+ Solitaire (Just for the Beleaguered Castle - I have a >25% Win ratio)
  2. Gin Rummy (Current Rating 400+)
  3. Coin Dozer (Level 90+)
  4. Dropwords
  5. reMovem (love the Apple app as well!)
  6. Flood-it! (--ditto--)
  7. Jewels Deluxe
  8. Stair Dismount
  9. Yahtz Me
  10. Briscola, Italian Blackjack and Scopa (Italian card games!)

Android apps used on unrooted ASUS Transformer, rooted Nook Color, rooted White PanDigital Novel and rooted LG Eve GW620!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-14-2011 at 11:05 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
The apps I use the most are

Gmaps
Gmail
Shownearby
Transdroid
Titanium Backup(It runs on schedule every day so don't run it manually much)
Dropbox(for backup and downloading books)
Coolreader
Clock(for daily alarm came with CM7)
Tapatalk(Wish mobileread supported it)
Voodoo Control Plus(Improves Galaxy Headphone sound if you use your phone for music you should get this)
Wifi Manager(its great for using multiple settings for different routers)
Winamp
Total Commander( got the beta version just started using it but has become my default file browser)
Sms Backup+ (it backs up my sms to my gmail account automatically)
Flikie Walpaper (auto changes the wallpaper)
Xmbc Remote (actually don't use it much but its great for showing of xmbc htpc to my friends)
Authenticator (2 level authentication for google services)
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Fruit Ninja
Audible Player
Amazon App Store
Cool Reader
Folder Organizer
NetFlix (now that it works for my NC)
Thumb Keyboard
Weatherbug Elite (well worth paying for)
xScope Pro (browser)
Pinball Ride
Plants vs Zombies
Amazon Kindle
Nook App
Cnet news
Cnet TV
Angry Birds
ezPDFreader
Tune in Radio Proi
Fancy Widgets Pro
QuickPic
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
I love threads like this because I always get ideas for new apps to try out. Here's a list of my current most used apps:

Reading
Cool Reader
Mantano
Aldiko
ezPDF

Games
Alchemy
Word Mix
Lock 'n' Roll Pro
Dropwords

Misc
MyFitnessPal
Crackle
Pulse
ES File Explorer
Opera Browser
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm going to have to look some of these apps up.

I forgot to list utilities. i use these apps daily I didn't even consider them, but i can't do without them

* Google voice
* Night clock
* Starbucks card
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
mfortu2
mfortu2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
*Google Maps
*My Tracks
*Gmote
*Evernote
*Shazam
*Pulse
mfortu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Man I love Google Sky! I've been using it a lot lately. It's amazing fun to locate planets and constellations at various times of the day and even those constellations and objects that are not visible from one's physical location!

Amazing, inspiring, incredible app!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #11
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now, which ones do I use the most ?
(kinda in order)

K9 Email
the built-in browser
Kindle App
FBReader
Xmarks (mobile synced to my desktop firefox)
Weatherbug
BBC News App
OI Shopping List
Maps (on occasion)
TuneIn Radio
Adobe Reader
Gmail
Texting (often with voice input)

Last edited by kennyc; 09-22-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #12
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Aldiko
Shortyz
Dolphin browser
World Newspapers
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #13
kennyc

Just ran across this one: U.S. Army Survival Guide

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Just don't let your battery run dry.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Just ran across this one: U.S. Army Survival Guide

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Just don't let your battery run dry.
So, how often do you plan to make use of that
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #15
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
So, how often do you plan to make use of that
Well, given the class warfare that has broken out, I may have to grab my bug-out pack, Xoom and head for the hills!