Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
fantasy4497
fantasy4497 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Good Reads

Hello all - new to forum and wanted some recos for good kindle reads at a reasonable price (as in 5 or less). I just read "Averys Flight" today and liked it a lot. Fantasy book and would like more fanatasy recos!

Thanks!!!!
fantasy4497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
Greetings, fantasy4497, and welcome.

What sort of fantasy is Avery's Flight? I see from Amazon that the protagonist is transported to a less than ideal future. Is it science-fiction fantasy, or is this future more low-tech? What did you like about it?

Sorry to respond with questions, but people seem to have certain preferences when it comes to fantasy.
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I'm not real sure if it's considered fantasy, but the Tairen Soul series is good. Don't know if you are male or female, but the male lead in these books is ummmm....yummy! The first book is called Lord of the Fading Lands. I've never read this type book before but these were recommended to me when I was looking for a love relationship like Claire and Jamie in Outlander. But these books are definitely not love stories, there's much more than that, but the romance angle is a plus.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
fantasy4497
fantasy4497 began at the beginning.

Shimarenda

Averys Flight was more fantasy than Sci-fi in my opinion. Yes the main character does travel to the future but the humans and animals have evolved into "fantasy" like characters. There are four diffrent species of humans, some are small and fly like fairies, some live under water like mermaids, some underground, and then people still on land. Aside from that the animals evolved as well and are huge. It probably would appeal to the sci-fi fan as well though.
fantasy4497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
peterjmerrigan
peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I haven't read fantasy in years, and I'm not even sure if this author's books are available digitally, but I can thoroughly recommend Raymond E. Feist's "Riftwar Saga" trilogy
peterjmerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjmerrigan View Post
I haven't read fantasy in years, and I'm not even sure if this author's books are available digitally, but I can thoroughly recommend Raymond E. Feist's "Riftwar Saga" trilogy
I have not seen his early stuff in ebook form. One of my favorite books of his is Faire Tale and its in ebook form. The book freaked me out when I read it in high school.

I haven't read his new stuff as I lost interest in his writing awhile ago, but all the early books are books I kept when I downsized.

I am currently rereading Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser novels. The first one is Swords and Deviltry. Again not in your price range, but very good books. I find Fritz Leiber's book hard to find in print form.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy4497 View Post
Hello all - new to forum and wanted some recos for good kindle reads at a reasonable price (as in 5 or less). I just read "Averys Flight" today and liked it a lot. Fantasy book and would like more fanatasy recos!

Thanks!!!!
I am just reading the Delver Magic Trilogy by Jeff Inlo and it is free on Kindle.

I am enjoying it.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote