Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #826
dunyamorton
dunyamorton began at the beginning.

Device: IHA-C0708, Galaxy Player
Cool Reader doesn't display text and covers

Cool Reader is my eReader of choice and I have used it in many android phones and media players with android 1.6, 2.1, 2.2 and 3.

But when I installed the latest CR3 on a 7" Tablet with Android 4.0.4 rooted (A13 platform with 512Mb RAM and 4Gb internal SD) it doesn't display the cover and the text of the ebooks.

In the home view and browsing the library and folders the covers are shown as empty rectangles, so does in the book info but all other info are shown correctly and search by author, title, series and flags works fine.

Opening an ebook displays an empty page with the selected background as if the ebook is empty, but the TOC and Bookmarks are correctly displayed and TTS read the text out loud correctly.

This problem is present even on a fresh install on a clean system opening the Cool Reader Manual.

I never had a similar problem before and cannot find any useful information on the internet. I tried many ebook and settings in the past few days to no avail.

Anyone can help?
dunyamorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #827
passegua
passegua began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
Cannot set black background and white letters

I'm using Coolreader since quite a long time on my Galaxy Next smartphone.
Today I got a new Google Nexus 7 (2013) tablet but I am not able to view white writing on black background. I set the same as in the smartphone but it comes out only white lines on a black background, no letters.
Any idea?
Thanks.
passegua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #828
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with Cool Reader, but for both of you I would take a look at two areas: Themes (colors) and Brightness. Perhaps you're set to white text on a white background? Or the brightness was raised too high? Maybe the reader has a day/night function?
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #829
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Buggins the developer of coolreader has been making a lot of changes in the sourcecode of coolreader. I am anticipating a major new release with a lot of fixes I hope he brings multi device sync to it as well
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #830
911jason
Zealot
911jason doesn't litter911jason doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Use Cool Reader every day on my Nexus 7 to read while at work. I like to recline back in my chair and read but then have to constantly lean forward to touch the screen and turn the page. Then I heard about Muku Shuttr on Kickstarter and figured I might be able to use it as a remote control page turning device. It pairs with the tablet using Bluetooth and it's single button emulates a VOLUME + button press. Despite setting the VOL+ to the NEXT PAGE action in Cool Reader's options, it doesn't work. Cool Reader is sensing the input somehow, because when I press the button it immediately switches to a black screen with DOCUMENT LOADING displayed and then returns back to the page I was on. If I press it 2 or 3 times, it will freeze on the DOCUMENT LOADING screen requiring an app restart. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions of how I can get this to work?
911jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #831
911jason
Zealot

Buggins... anyone...?
Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #832
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
Buggins... anyone...?
Does your normal volume up button change the page
Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #833
Dopedangel
Wizard

By the way can you make it emulate a camera press button something that it is designed for and set the camera button as your change page button in coolreader
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #834
911jason
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Does your normal volume up button change the page
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
By the way can you make it emulate a camera press button something that it is designed for and set the camera button as your change page button in coolreader
I tried changing pretty much everything (except the BACK button) to the NEXT PAGE action in the Cool Reader options and it still didn't work.

As far as I know there is no way for me to change the button that the device emulates. It pairs as a keyboard but I don't see any configurable options when I check that device in the Bluetooth menu.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #835
911jason
Zealot

Got it working! The developer of the Shuttr device suggested I try switching it into iOS mode and that worked perfectly!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #836
rimugu
rimugu began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Hey everyone. Need your knowledge of Cool Reader

Is there an option that allowed me to have two "current reading positions"?

Let me explain. I am reading books with lots of footnotes. The footnotes are at the bottom.
Se every time I see a note I would like to be able to jump to the last footnote I saw (not a static bookmark to the first footnote). And after reading just jump back to the main text.
Next time I see a footnote, I would like to jump to the last footnote and just scroll to the next footnote, select back and return to where I left the main text.

Regards,
rimugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #837
911jason
Zealot

Are the footnotes each linked? If so, why can't you just click the new footnote link and then use the "back" function to return to your reading position?
Old 11-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #838
jberryj17
jberryj17
jberryj17 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 10
Sync between multiple devices?

I love Cool Reader and want to use it exclusively across all my Android devices. However, it is difficult for me to have to install each book I'm reading manually to each device, then find the right place I am at in the book, etc. THEN, I have to manually fix all the settings.

I of course have the paid version of the app.

Am I missing something here? Like is there a Sync function I'm not aware of?

if not, would you be so kind as to explain the best way you other users have found to make continuity across devices as easy and convenient as possible? I would really appreciate your help!

Please feel free to PM me if it is easier--thanks so much!

P.S.If the Sync function is not currently available, is this something that is planned for the future?
jberryj17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #839
rimugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
Are the footnotes each linked? If so, why can't you just click the new footnote link and then use the "back" function to return to your reading position?
How do you click on a link in Android Cool Reader?

In Windows Cool Reader I am able to click on the footnote, but then there is no back function there. (The back arrow at least is back page).
Old 11-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #840
rimugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberryj17 View Post
if not, would you be so kind as to explain the best way you other users have found to make continuity across devices as easy and convenient as possible? I would really appreciate your help!

P.S.If the Sync function is not currently available, is this something that is planned for the future?
That function does not exist right now. There is a request open with Vadim to do it, but is not there yet.
Manually, I would see the % position and use the go to to move to that exact same % position.

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader