Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #721
ianc
ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
One thing which I'm wondering if it's possible to do however: I use almost exclusively epubs, and epubs can have a book summary embedded in the metadata. I'm wondering if it's possible to view this book summary somewhere within Coolreader?
Bump on this. Any help?

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #722
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
?? I just installed Cool Reader and my book summaries (added thru calibre) show immediately after the cover, just as usual.

paw3pals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Bump on this. Any help?

ianc
Quote:
One thing which I'm wondering if it's possible to do however: I use almost exclusively epubs, and epubs can have a book summary embedded in the metadata. I'm wondering if it's possible to view this book summary somewhere within Coolreader?
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #723
paw3pals
Enthusiast

Is there a way I'm not seeing to adjust the author sort? (Cool Reader 3.0.57.14)

All ebooks have author's name as: (I = initial)
Last, First
Last, First, I. I.
Last, I. I.

However, author names are displayed And Sorted alphabetically as:

First Last, (Eric Flint, instead of Flint, Eric)
I. Last I. (J. Walters, N. instead of Walters, N. J.)
I. Last, First I. (A. Decandido, Keith R. instead of Decandido, Keith R. A.)

So, is there a way to have all authors listed by Last Name?

paw3pals

Last edited by paw3pals; 12-16-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to add version number
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #724
NWKENT
NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Motorola XYBoard 10.1
Sticky Note on the page CoolReader 3.1.2-27

Hello..
Newby here..just signed up today..So..I have a question about Cool Reader..

Is it possible to add a sticky note to the page, add text to that sticky note.?

I have used the highlite function, then add comment to that highlite, which brings you to another box..but this hides the page you are reading..

This is my wish: add a yellow sticky note (color optional) to (anywhere) on the page, add text to that sticky note, which is viewable, overlayed on the page I'm reading.

I adore the hyperlink function, and color change of the hyperlinks, this is one reason among many, that I use CoolReader..added sticky notes would complete the app. to perfection for me..

Is development ongoing for this wonderful App.?
I would purchase this app. if possible..but I guess a reasonable donation will do..

THANKS for any assistance..
sent by my Motorola MZ617-32 Droid XYBoard 10.1 ICS v4.04
NWKENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #725
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT View Post
I can not answer any of your questions regarding feature requests, but I can say that I have seen continual development by Buggins on this app for some years now. I first started using Coolreader on a now obsolete e-ink ereader, and now on Android. There was recently a major change in the look and feel of the Android Coolreader, and I like it even better now.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #726
NWKENT
NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NWKENT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Motorola XYBoard 10.1
Thank YOU..very much for your reply and input..

I do use this app. many times each day and depend on it..the sticky note feature would set my heart ablaze..lol

sent by my Motorola MZ617-32 Droid XYBoard 10.1 ICS v4.04
NWKENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #727
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT View Post
Hello..
I would purchase this app. if possible..but I guess a reasonable donation will do..
There are donate options on the market. I've used one.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #728
ianc
ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
?? I just installed Cool Reader and my book summaries (added thru calibre) show immediately after the cover, just as usual.
Hmm... Not working for me. I have added the book summmary via Calibre also, but I just see the first page of the text of the book after the cover. Using 3.1.2-27...

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #729
paw3pals
Enthusiast

Well, it works fine for me with the same version. Are you sure you used Modify Epub or converted to actually embed the metadata summaries?

The summaries also show up Moon+ Reader (Pro); I have been switching between it and Cool Reader to see which I like better as they both basically work for epub and mobi. The only real problem with Cool Reader concerns my previous post regarding author sort.

Quote:
Hmm... Not working for me. I have added the book summmary via Calibre also, but I just see the first page of the text of the book after the cover. Using 3.1.2-27...

ianc
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #730
shyo
shyo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
hey there,really like the app. I have a small request, if it's possible, to add the current chapter you're on to the title bar? would be nice I think
shyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #731
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
For anyone who might be interested, I made a small app to sync last read position between a PC version of Cool Reader (Windows or Linux) and an Android device. Details here. I'm looking for testers. I doubt the Cool Reader author wants his thread cluttered with comments about this app, so it's probably better to post comments on the blog (or a new thread).

Last edited by ectoplasm; 12-31-2012 at 08:58 PM.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #732
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
For anyone who might be interested, I made a small app to sync last read position between a PC version of Cool Reader (Windows or Linux) and an Android device. Details here. I'm looking for testers. I doubt the Cool Reader author wants his thread cluttered with comments about this app, so it's probably better to post comments on the blog (or a new thread).
This looks very interesting especially to another Linux user like me. My only problem is the Samsung Android tablet I received for Christmas has a fault and has to go back to the shop for replacement. Until I get the replacement I can't try this out but I will as soon as I can.
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #733
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
ectoplasm, this sounds to be the thing I need but there is a problem, isn't there always.

I don't use windows or linux on my PC so your app would need to be ported to OS/2 just as CoolReader has been, therefore I must ask if the source code is available to download and would you mind it being ported to OS/2.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #734
erreur404
erreur404 began at the beginning.

Device: htc touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrh View Post
This looks very interesting especially to another Linux user like me. My only problem is the Samsung Android tablet I received for Christmas has a fault and has to go back to the shop for replacement. Until I get the replacement I can't try this out but I will as soon as I can.
I think the best way is using an app direcly on android device for pushing position on ssh server.

I use coll reader on few android device, but not on pc. And possibily to pushing from android directly can syncing to pc/android directly without pc

But I verry happy for looking possibility to sync and hope you can port it to android

great job man

Sorry my english is not perfect
erreur404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #735
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Got it and works fine for me so far. better than the Mantano Reader Lite I got from enolsoft blog recommend.
@ianc it shows my book summaries well.
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader