Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
jlonghurst
jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs 505, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle WiFi
Unhappy Windows 7 doesn't like my calibre?

Love calibre - many thanks to those clever people who invented and maintain it!

Just got a new computer with Windows 7. As a result, whenever I try to download metadata, I get immediately the message that No matches found for this book, even if I try with a book I have already downloaded the metadata for.

This is the same message that I get when the internet is down.

So somehow, calibre is not getting to the internet now.

What do I do? Many thanks.

jlonghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlonghurst View Post
This is the same message that I get when the internet is down.
Is Internet Explorer able to access the internet?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
jlonghurst
jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jlonghurst has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs 505, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle WiFi
Yes, and in fact w hen I click onto the Sobbing Heart, I get the Contribute to calibre internet page with no problem.

It just won't search for the metadata.
jlonghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There was a thread a while back discussing a related problem. The links I posted there to the relevant MS knowledge base articles might be of interest to you.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote