Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #16
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Another option is one of the chargers that takes AA batteries. I have an iGo one that uses my iGo tips, to charge most any small electronic device.

I charge my phone, reader, and Palm off the device.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #17
roguexuk
Enthusiast
roguexuk began at the beginning.

Device: PW4, Kobo Aura (Original), Touch, Libra H20, Aura ONE & Clara HD
I've got a PowerBee Solar charger that never seemed to charge my T1 when I used the Sony cable. So I figured, well it's not a complete waste, at least I can charge up all the mobile phones in the house for free.
It never even occurred to me to see if there was a charging tip in the PowerBee box for it. Idiot I know :-)
I had a look today and there was a tip I could use. I'm chuffed to bits. This charger can now charger can power pretty much every gadget in the house that's not a laptop.

I'm totally taking it & it's solar panel with me when I travel now.
roguexuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I have used the excellent little Power Monkey portable charger for a few years for travel for phones etc... (holds it's charge for yonks) - I tried it today and it put a charge into my 350
I use the excellent Power Monkey as well for charging all of my devices, including my Sony PRS-650. Can't recommend it highly enough. The 9000 mAh battery can be charged from the solar panel or from an AC adapter. On the output side it provides a variety of tips, including standard USB, mini USB and micro USB. Since the port the provided cable plugs into is standard USB, you can also substitute the cable that came with your 350.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
How easy is it to recharge via the solar panel? I am interested in details.

edit:
I just checked on Amazon, and holy mackerel, $90!?!? I don't know if it would be worth it...

Last edited by Ravensknight; 11-30-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
I've used a ReVIVE Series Solar ReStore to recharge my PRS-650. It runs $30 on amazon, and you can buy additional panels to shorten the battery recharge time. It's 1500mA but that's plenty. And by the time your reader is low, the battery in the ReVIVE would have already been recharged.

Not as good at keeping your blackberry topped up, though.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #21
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the name. I'm checking it out and might just buy one for my power hungry tablet. That would be so much nicer than keeping it plugged in...
Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
You'd need something beefier for a tablet. The solar panels recharge the 1500mA battery to 50 percent, and that recharged my blackberry a fairly small amount, one or two percent maybe. It wouldn't do anything for an iPad.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Yeah, I checked out the various mA versions. Definitely looks like it is only good for my ereader.
Even with the extra panel, I have to wonder how much money I'd end up saving.
Ehhhh, I hate decisions like this...