Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsi18 View Post
Thankyou Ok, thanks for the info, I'll install the software and see how I go (there were a few I books I wanted to checkout on Kobo).
Kobo is one of my favorite places to buy books. And they frequently email out coupon codes too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I hate to contradict you, but this isn't the case. I have the Sony Library installed, but not ADE, and Adobe DRM'd books work fine (including library books).
Interesting. I reformatted the computer a week ago and installed ADE. It wouldn't recognise my 350. My next step was to install the Sony Reader software, and then ADE recognised the 350. It might just be a computer quirk though.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:38 AM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Actually I think you are both correct.

I believe that you can have the Sony Reader Library software installed and transfer books without having ADE installed. Sony integrated the ADE authorization into their software which means you don't have to install it separately. I seem to recall that I had to enter my Adobe account info the first time I opened Sony Reader Library for Mac, which then got stored and remembered forevermore. That's why doreenjoy says it works for her just fine.

On the other hand, if you want to use ADE for PC to transfer your books, then I think you do need the Sony software installed. That's because supposedly ADE uses a driver that comes from the Sony Reader Library installation process. Without the driver, it doesn't recognize your ereader. That's why viviena needed to install the Sony Reader Library software.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
HarmonS
Enthusiast
HarmonS began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Yes, I understand I can use the collections that way, but I was hoping for a little more structure in the thing.
HarmonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #20
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Interesting. I reformatted the computer a week ago and installed ADE. It wouldn't recognise my 350. My next step was to install the Sony Reader software, and then ADE recognised the 350. It might just be a computer quirk though.
That's what I've seen. The Sony Library can operate without ADE installed.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collections, formats, management