Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
dftr
dftr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Kindle DX power on/off or just let is sleep?

Turning the power off is a little irritating w/ the kindle, probably just my big fingers get tired of holding down the switch for 4sec.

Does anyone know if it's bad for the screen or the battery to just let it sleep?
I typically leave wireless deacitvated.

How much battery time should I expect w/ maybe 2-4 hours of reading/day w/ the rest of it on sleep mode?
dftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
You can just let it sleep. It uses very little energy in that mode... you could probably get 4-5 days of use out of it at that rate, provided the wireless is off.

My wireless destroys my battery as the connection here is bad and it uses more energy trying to get a signal.

But you don't need to turn it off, just charge it every few days for a bit.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
tklaus
Connoisseur
tklaus doesn't littertklaus doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Kindle DX
Yeah, I never turn mine off either. I don't even put it to sleep, I just set it down and let it go to sleep on its own. I am fastidious about keeping the wireless off though, I only turn it on to download or when I'm browsing, then I turn it off right away. That's the big power draw.
tklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I do the same as you guys, just let her sleep. The battery life isn't really affected as far as I can tell.

The battery drain that wifi has is quite annoying, it's a shame they haven't worked out better technology for wireless so the receivers don't suck so much power.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
Trekkiemelissa
Trekkiemelissa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I let mine go to sleep on its own.
Trekkiemelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert