Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #46
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
This is my town Nijmegen.
The mill in the snow is behind our house.
The bridge is over De Waal, a big river which goes to Germany. On both side of it there's a natural park with wild horses and cattle in it.
The first one; the canal is my favorite spot for cycling. I try to cycle there every day for an hour. It's beautiful in all four seasons and calm; only the big boats gliding through.

Daffy Duck: just say the word and I'll go with you.
*sniff* I always get so homesick when I see pictures of certain parts of Europe. are those Halflinger horses do you know?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #47
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It's not only in the house, but also when I step outside (especially when I step outside!). I do that often, actually, stepping outside in the dark, simply to enjoy the darkness...

The one thing I do miss is stargazing. At my parent's house there's no light at night, which makes their garden the perfect to place to sit at night and enjoy the perseid meteor shower.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #48
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Bilbo, the Old Manor House is gorgeous! I would love to walk through the doors and look in side. Did you take that pic?
It is a fine looking building isn't it.

No, I can't claim that picture; I got it from a website. It's funny really, I seem to never take pictures anywhere near home, only when I'm on holiday or at a special occasion.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #49
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Here's part of the downtown waterfront in Burlington. The brown building in the background is the Travelodge I spent my wedding night in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	40712_32_b.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	64256  
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #50
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
*sniff* I always get so homesick when I see pictures of certain parts of Europe. are those Halflinger horses do you know?
These are Konikhorses from Poland (half Tarpan). They fend for themselves, summer and winter. They're about a 100 of them. They have free range to the river. In the summer you might bathe in the river with the Konikhorses at some distance. But it's their territory, together with the black Galloways from Ireland.

But when I see all these beautiful photo's of the United States; I immediately want to go there again. We cruised through the US twice for four weeks; about 10 years ago. We loved it.

Last edited by desertblues; 02-27-2012 at 01:06 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #51
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Some great seat of learning? The site of important political goings on? A great financial intitution?

Nah...Barnsley Town Hall.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #52
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
It is a fine looking building isn't it.

No, I can't claim that picture; I got it from a website. It's funny really, I seem to never take pictures anywhere near home, only when I'm on holiday or at a special occasion.
Perhaps I should find some decent pictures of where I live. The one I used I took w/ my cell phone while at work. I had just moved here and couldn't believe my daily view, so I snapped a shot and sent it to friends and family back home. They asked me what I was going to do when I got to FL and I said repeatedly, "I'm going to find a nice bartending job on the beach, and relax a while." Task accomplished!!

The dude was my first customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corner Office.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	64272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corner Office1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	64273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corner Office4.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	64274  

Last edited by SolRaven; 01-06-2011 at 06:49 PM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
But when I see all these beautiful photo's of the United States; I immediately want to go there again. We cruised through the US twice for four weeks; about 10 years ago. We loved it.
Where did you go?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #54
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Here there is no much water. Just the opposite, I live in the border of a big desert.

El Pinacate (about 6 hours by car from here).

Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #55
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
How come you don't die of starvation and thirst? Looks beautiful though.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Here there is no much water. Just the opposite, I live in the border of a big desert.
Beautiful country. I used to live in El Paso. I love the desert.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #57
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
How come you don't die of starvation and thirst? Looks beautiful though.
The desert is mainly in the northwest part of the state. The rest of the state has more water. The southern part produce a lot of wheat (and other crops) and the state is famous for its beef. However, water is an issue in the state capital and currently is rationed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Beautiful country. I used to live in El Paso. I love the desert.
Well, I grew in central Mexico and sometimes, just sometimes, I miss the water.

Valsequillo Dam (Puebla)

Last edited by Falcao; 01-06-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Well, I grew in central Mexico and sometimes, just sometimes, I miss the water.
I hear ya. Though I love the desert, my preference is to live in a northern temperate climate on the coast with easy access to the mountains. That's why the Seattle area is perfect for me.

Here's a ferry leaving Seattle and crossing Puget Sound for Bainbridge Island. In the distance are the Olympic Mountains. Washington operates the largest ferry system in the country.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #59
Falcao
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I hear ya. Though I love the desert, my preference is to live in a northern temperate climate on the coast with easy access to the mountains. That's why the Seattle area is perfect for me.
I've read that there is a lot of rain in Seattle. Your pictures remember me of Michigan Upper Peninsula, where I lived 4 years as student, but maybe the winter is harsher in the UP.

The only benefit of the desert is that we have a blue sky almost all year, and that I only use a jacket in maybe 1 or 2 months in the year.

Hermosillo (the state capital)

At day

At night

The cathedral

Last edited by Falcao; 01-06-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #60
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
I've read that there is a lot of rain in Seattle.
Seattle doesn't get a lot of rain, but a lot of drizzle. Their rainfall is less than NY or Boston and about half what we get in Florida. The ironic part is that Seattle is known as the rainy city and FL is known as the Sunshine State. Oddly, I'd say both are true.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote