Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #31
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'd be crazy within the week if I had to live in a lit town like that... I prefer darkness at night.
That's what sleep masks are for. I've had more than I can count.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #32
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
That's what sleep masks are for. I've had more than I can count.
I've tried sleep masks as well, but I just can't stand to have it on while I'm in bed. Very heavy curtains do the trick as well.

I used to live in the middle of nowhere with my parents, and nights were always really dark. When I first moved to Ghent I couldn't stand the light either, but now I've gotten used to it.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #33
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
I've tried sleep masks as well, but I just can't stand to have it on while I'm in bed. Very heavy curtains do the trick as well.

I used to live in the middle of nowhere with my parents, and nights were always really dark. When I first moved to Ghent I couldn't stand the light either, but now I've gotten used to it.
I've always been a night owl so I had to adjust. Now, I can't sleep unless I have my sleep mask on. I have thermal blackout curtains but I need something laying over my eyelids. As soon as I feel the gentle pressure of the mask, it tells my mind to go to sleep... go to sleep...
Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #34
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I love this thread.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #35
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm coming to visit all of you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I'd be crazy within the week if I had to live in a lit town like that... I prefer darkness at night.
Black curtains
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Black curtains
It's not only in the house, but also when I step outside (especially when I step outside!). I do that often, actually, stepping outside in the dark, simply to enjoy the darkness...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #39
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Where I live isn't as beautiful or impressive as some of those posted already, but here's a couple of pics (first, the old Manor House; second, a local park);

Just up the road is Birmingham, this is where we go shopping;

Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #40
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Conyers

Stone Mountain

Atlanta

The 2008 tornado

The Fox Theater

Lake Clara Meer, Piedmont Park

and a little farther afield:
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #41
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
The 2008 tornado]
I almost put that tornado pic in here, too! That was a scary night, but I think that picture is just amazing. The fact that the photographer just happened to be set up for skyline pictures when it hit was so lucky.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #42
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
here are some pictures of the peninsula I live on and a map

this is the ferry I take home from Seattle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitsap.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	64232   Click image for larger version

Name:	ferry.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	64233   Click image for larger version

Name:	ferry1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	64234   Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	64235  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #43
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
This is my town Nijmegen.
The mill in the snow is behind our house.
The bridge is over De Waal, a big river which goes to Germany. On both side of it there's a natural park with wild horses and cattle in it.
The first one; the canal is my favorite spot for cycling. I try to cycle there every day for an hour. It's beautiful in all four seasons and calm; only the big boats gliding through.

Daffy Duck: just say the word and I'll go with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nijmegen

Last edited by desertblues; 02-27-2012 at 01:07 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #44
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
It's not only in the house, but also when I step outside (especially when I step outside!). I do that often, actually, stepping outside in the dark, simply to enjoy the darkness...
That's funny because just last night I was thinking that I needed to change the bulbs in the back yard because I love sitting at my desk by the back window at night and looking out into the yard when it's illuminated. I love seeing shadows and palms swaying and just catching some light. It's like watching a tropical fire place.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #45
SolRaven
Wizard

Bilbo, the Old Manor House is gorgeous! I would love to walk through the doors and look in side. Did you take that pic?