Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Fun & Interesting Websites

Everyone has their favorite websites, and it can be fun to find "new" websites (even if they've been around for years).

Let me start it off with The Straight Dope.

This site tries to answer, in an interesting way, some of the burning issues of the day:
Why is the Bronx called THE Bronx?
or
Is it true the British have abolished punctuation?
And the really big one -
Did a French vaudeville star once specialize in trained flatulence?

Another entertaining time waster is Cracked

Here's a good place to start:
The 5 Most Terrifying Side Effects of Exercise
and
5 Iconic Corporate Mascots Invented by Mistake

Enjoy
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Try this for a good laugh...
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
This would be my favorite
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nawww! That's a poopy site.

This is something you just have to try:
Soar Through Cities With Nokia's 3D Ovi Maps

"Have you seen these new 3D city maps from Nokia's Ovi Maps service? They're pretty amazing."

Not just "pretty" amazing, VERY AMAZING!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
POOPY? I don't think that's a word..........Crap on the other hand is
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
POOPY? I don't think that's a word..........Crap on the other hand is

Is too!

The Thing What Came From The Poopy Chair

Old 05-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
SameOldStory
My True Self

From Los Cuatro Ojos;
And How’s YOUR Week Going So Far?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Everyone has their favorite websites, and it can be fun to find "new" websites (even if they've been around for years).

Let me start it off with The Straight Dope.

Another entertaining time waster is Cracked

Thanks for both of these. Excellent reading and I added Cracked to my RSS newsfeed. Sadly, Straight Dope doesn't have an RSS news feed, very surprising in this day and age.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
Aladyleyna
Zealot
Aladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notes

Device: iPad 1
I like the Know Your Meme website, it gives humorous descriptions of the current meme trends, and it's fun coming across memes that I'm familiar with. It's kind of like bumping into old friends.

And they have forums too! I have been tempted to join in quite a few times. I love forums!

Oh yeah, and Gaia Online too. I tend to hang out there quite frequently too.
Aladyleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I like to check out the near earth approaches to see how close we all came to going the way of the dinosaurs, and how close it is going to be in the near future.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I enjoy http://lazylaces.com and Orisinal for point and click games and beautiful art
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #12
SameOldStory
My True Self

Prey, an open source program that can help you get your stolen computer (or stolen phone) back. It works on Mac, Windows, or Linux.

Tweet Revenge: Man's Twitter Followers Recover Stolen Laptop

Oh yeah, Live Science, another good site to spend a little time on.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #13
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Anyone have a remedy for an office that is way to serious and needs a good laugh, but one that hits me with a new set of jokes each day?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #14
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I enjoy http://lazylaces.com and Orisinal for point and click games and beautiful art
I tried the train game at Orisinal where a person runs along the carraige roofs and liked it. I will have a look at more there. Thanks for mentioning about it.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #15
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Anyone have a remedy for an office that is way to serious and needs a good laugh, but one that hits me with a new set of jokes each day?
Try Add/Read a good joke to lighten your day. People there try to find the best jokes.