Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #16
Echase
Connoisseur
Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I prefer Classical or Jazz, nothing with lyrics. Too distracting. Some nice Classical and a dram of scotch is my recipe.
Echase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Contortionist
Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow, I'm surprisingly a fan of just about all those songs. Not to say my list won't look very different, now that I've decided to make one.
Contortionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Every day I'm shufflin while writing.
Or listening to Emilie Autumn, or Lacuna Coil, or Glen Miller, Or Dvorak, or ELO, or Kansas, or Inkuyo, or ERA, or Depeche Mode, or . . . countless others that I can't keep track of.

Sometimes, I even write Gagnam Style.

Last edited by John Carroll; 01-19-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added song
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #19
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I prefer music without words as well. And, I'm very fond of electronic/space/ambient music. Anything by David Wright, Frank van Bogaert, Gert Emmens, Kitaro, etc.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #20
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I usually listen to a mixture of ambient and movie soundtracks. My "background" iTunes playlist just hit 3000 songs, so it is quite varied..

So I'll definitely check out Cinemix!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
RobertLCollins
Groupie
RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I hope that those of you who tried Cinemix enjoy it as much as I do. Nice to see that I'm not the only author who likes having something playing while writing.
RobertLCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLCollins View Post
I hope that those of you who tried Cinemix enjoy it as much as I do. Nice to see that I'm not the only author who likes having something playing while writing.
Ha! Listening to it right now and loving it! (as I write!)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #23
suzannawriter
suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Transformers soundtrack

I love writing to Steve Jablonsky (Transformers soundtrack is my fav) but Hans Zimmer (Pirates of the Caribbean) is almost as good.
Epic stuff.
suzannawriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #24
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannawriter View Post
I love writing to Steve Jablonsky (Transformers soundtrack is my fav) but Hans Zimmer (Pirates of the Caribbean) is almost as good.
Epic stuff.
Is that to say you write epics?

Hello, and welcome.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
J. Garrett
Enthusiast
J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, 6" E-Ink
I listen to lots of ambient/New Age music while I write, especially from Ray Lynch, Steve Roach, Between Interval, Brian Eno, Jonn Serrie, and Kevin Braheny.
J. Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
I need something playing while I write. I discovered an internet radio station called Cinemix, and I listen to it pretty much every time I write. What I like about it is the mix of soundtrack clips really varies.
Thanks for the tip. Sounds pretty good.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #27
suzannawriter
suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suzannawriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Is that to say you write epics?

Hello, and welcome.
It would be nice to say yes but I write waaaaay too slowly to tackle an epic lol. Musically, however, I'm right up there in epicness.

Hello and thanks for the welcome btw.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
ebooklovers
ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebooklovers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
same here.. I absolutely prefer silence but when thinking of new ideas to add in my story, i do sometimes resort to music
ebooklovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #29
suzannawriter

Just checked out cinemix - what a great idea :-)
Old 06-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #30
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Hey Robert, wanted to thank you for the Cinemix recommendation. It is my constant writing companion on most days!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote