Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
GregorRichards
Connoisseur
GregorRichards doesn't litterGregorRichards doesn't litter

Device: DR800SG
rxvt (terminal emulator) for DR800

Got myself a fancy new DR800SG, and there was no terminal emulator on it! Heck, I couldn't even find one on the forums (not that I tried very hard). The iLiad port of mrxvt didn't work for me, probably because it depends on iLiad-specific libraries.

So I made a quick (very quick) port of rxvt. Also in the box is erkeyman, a little command to show or hide the onscreen keyboard; I found it necessary when the program being run refuses to get rid of the onscreen keyboard itself (in spite of my putting it in atexit ... )

If I missed the already-ported one, I'd appreciate a ref to it ... it'd also be nice if it was listed on the wiki, which I will link to here now.

Just extract to the card and run rxvt.desktop.

EDIT 2010-04-23: Later the same day, updated to do full refreshes less often.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 rxvt-2.7.10-dr800-source.tar.bz2 (5.5 KB, 559 views)
File Type: zip rxvt-2.7.10-dr800.zip (42.2 KB, 800 views)

Last edited by GregorRichards; 04-22-2010 at 11:15 PM.
GregorRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
euzen
euzen began at the beginning.

thank you!
euzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
vakya
Connoisseur
vakya doesn't littervakya doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, IREX DR800, Kindle 3 y Kindle 4 NT
Thank, work very well

Last edited by vakya; 04-23-2010 at 05:00 PM.
vakya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Great, this also works on the DR1000 (with R2.0 beta).
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
GregorRichards
Connoisseur
GregorRichards doesn't litterGregorRichards doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Great, this also works on the DR1000 (with R2.0 beta).
Wonderful, thankee
GregorRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 04:46 AM   #6
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorRichards View Post
Got myself a fancy new DR800SG, and there was no terminal emulator on it! Heck, I couldn't even find one on the forums (not that I tried very hard). The iLiad port of mrxvt didn't work for me, probably because it depends on iLiad-specific libraries.

So I made a quick (very quick) port of rxvt. Also in the box is erkeyman, a little command to show or hide the onscreen keyboard; I found it necessary when the program being run refuses to get rid of the onscreen keyboard itself (in spite of my putting it in atexit ... )

If I missed the already-ported one, I'd appreciate a ref to it ... it'd also be nice if it was listed on the wiki, which I will link to here now.

Just extract to the card and run rxvt.desktop.

EDIT 2010-04-23: Later the same day, updated to do full refreshes less often.
After I unzip rxvt on my SD card and later after reseting clicked on the icon rxvt.desktop I get only the answer 'The desktop app. cannot be opened.Possible the app. is already open. Close it first and try again'.
Hopping you can suggest me what to do now. I already downloaded Firmware 2 on my DR800S.
walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #7
Franky
Nameless Being

as a no-no on software, a stupid question.

do i have to download both ..source.tar and the .zip?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #8
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
as a no-no on software, a stupid question.

do i have to download both ..source.tar and the .zip?
Depends on what you want to do, only use it (then you need the zip) or build/modify it yourself (then you also need the source modifications).
rxvt is a 'dangerous' tool for software no-nos, so be carefull when using it!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #9
Franky
Nameless Being

tnx Mackx, i know it can be dangerous. but i need to do things myself and so far i did a pretty good job. i tuned my iphone :-), if you know what i mean. currently i downloaded all kinds of andriod software programs and hopefully in the future i'm able to create stuff.

what my IREX concerns, here i also like to go around and see if i can tune it a bit. it's fun. if i do something wrong, i always can go back to the default software and the firmwares updates.

i gottah do what i gottah do, love the danger. go to explore there where no no-no checked before.

so, tnx again, i'm going to look what happens. :-) :-)

Last edited by Franky; 07-13-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
i gottah do what i gottah do, love the danger. go to explore there where no no-no checked before.
Then I wish you a good journey :-)
Old 12-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #11
Mackx
Guru

New version with tab-support

This version is functionally equal to the original version. The only difference is that it will show rxvt in a tab of the TaskBar (for DR1000 and DR800+).
If you got the old version installed, please remove it before copying this one, also the rxvt.desktop file.
To 'install' the new version, copy the content of the zip file to your SD-card.
I have to see what to do with the source files, maybe I start a new bitbucket project, or post the changed files here later.

I only tested on a DR1000, but should work on a DR800 as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rxvt-2.7.10-dr.2.zip (43.5 KB, 482 views)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
works indeed on DR1000s and also on DR800SG.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #13
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
works indeed on DR1000s and also on DR800SG.
Thanks for testing.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #14
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I have to see what to do with the source files, maybe I start a new bitbucket project, or post the changed files here later.
Changed Sources are here: https://bitbucket.org/mackx/rxvt-2.7.10-dr
See README.dr for more info w.r.t. building the code yourself.