Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
himitsuhieki
himitsuhieki began at the beginning.

Device: none
Possible to change author name format when bulk adding or importing?

When I do a bulk add the author name is listed as firstname lastname. I want it to always be lastname, firstname.
Is there anyway, other than manually for me to get it like that from the beginning?
himitsuhieki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by himitsuhieki View Post
When I do a bulk add the author name is listed as firstname lastname. I want it to always be lastname, firstname.
Is there anyway, other than manually for me to get it like that from the beginning?
Look at Preferences: Adding books (right side)

This assumes that all your imports have metadata formatted the same
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id35
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
himitsuhieki

Thanks for the input but neither of those methods work with the "author" field. And the info in the faq only works with the info already in the system. I want the names to be imported properly and to not have to go in to manually fix the names.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Thanks for the input but neither of those methods work with the "author" field.
Both work with the author field.

Quote:
And the info in the faq only works with the info already in the system. I want the names to be imported properly and to not have to go in to manually fix the names.
theducks pointed you to an option that swaps first and last name during import. It's marked in English: "Swap author firstname and lastname."

I pointed you to the settings you need to get the author_sort field filled correctly so that sorting works. If you don't follow those instructions, filling in the author during the initial import as LN, FN will cause incorrect sorting.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
himitsuhieki

Ok. I started with a clean library and those settings and it works but with the library I was working on it still does not work. Maybe a glitch in something I had going.
Thanks will just keep going with the new library.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Ok. I started with a clean library and those settings and it works but with the library I was working on it still does not work. Maybe a glitch in something I had going.
Thanks will just keep going with the new library.
Those settings DO NOT change anything ALREADY IN the library.
To change EXISTING RECORDS, you need to use the REGEX replace. follow Starsons advice
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote