Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
MosFet
MosFet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
Question Xps converter

Does someone know a tool to convert Xps files, in order to create documents more suitable for the readers?

I see only some Pdf to Xps converter and Xps to Pdf.

For example, if it will be possible to convert Xps to some format that can also be converted to Lrf, many ebooks will become available for the SonyReader...

Any idea ?
MosFet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm not much up on the XPS specification. What sort of format is it?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
MosFet

It is a XML based format.

It is used by Vista in order to achieve better result from other document formats (i.e. PDF).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_Paper_Specification

If it would be possible to extract XML from XPS, I think that could be easy to convert the source document to any other format.

... I suppose ...
Old 06-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gven what I just read, it might be best to view the XPS document in your web browser and cut/paste to BD and see how it turns out.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
MosFet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Gven what I just read, it might be best to view the XPS document in your web browser and cut/paste to BD and see how it turns out.

Actually I don't have the BD software.

The XPS reader-writer should be here:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/viewxps.mspx

... Can someone try it and tell us the results?
Advert
Old 06-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Mosfet, why not try BD? It's easily available and its safer then installing the XPS reader.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #7
MosFet

Ok... I tried.

It doesn't work.
The pasted text appears unreadable.

I see that if you rename a Xps file to .zip file and open it, you can find some .xml files. I tried also to open these files with BD but are also unreadable .

The only think that we can do, is to find a Xps to Xml converter, and then try to open this file with BD....