Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
cmcanulty
cmcanulty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Books with no file

When I try to organize my collections in Calibre I aleays have to sort through hundreds of "books with no file" is there a way to get rid of all that mess?
cmcanulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Do you mean you have no format for them in calibre, or that calibre thinks it has a format but you have deleted the files outside of calibre?

If the former, do a search using this and then just delete them if you don't want them:
formats:false

If the latter, go to the Library Maintenance menu to run a check and get your database back in sync with the physical filesystem.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
cmcanulty

I am attaching a screenshot there are hundreds of them and I don't know what they are. And there are hundreds in every collection I have. I need to go to work so will check back tomorrow, thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2012-06-29 16:19:06.png
Views:	192
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	88480  

Last edited by cmcanulty; 06-29-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ahhh, option 3 - you mean books on your device displayed using the Kindle Collections plugin, not books actually in your calibre library.

Its a question that really belongs on the Kindle Collections plugin thread - these are a construct created by it.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
cmcanulty

OK thanks I didn't know about that
Advert