Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 12-01-2023, 10:50 PM   #1
oneiric
oneiric began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Floating table of contents pane

Somehow I've gotten the Table of Contents pane decoupled from (floating over) the book viewer window. How do I re-attache it as it is normally positioned on the left-hand side?

I tried simply dragging the contents pane to the top of the book viewer window and it does snap into position...full screen. Clicking resize in the upper right corner simply reproduces the floating ToC window. Something I've noticed, though: a button represented by three vertical dots that is normally present in the normally position-locked ToC window, on the right-hand edge of the window, is missing. If I recall correctly, clicking it made the ToC window slide into the left-hand window border, out of sight/hidden. All that functionality is gone.

Maybe a couple of images will make clear what I'm trying to describe:

https://i.imgur.com/V8lzUTy.png

https://i.imgur.com/3bM9lwl.png

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
oneiric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:02 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Double click in the ToC panel title bar

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:14 AM   #3
oneiric

Tried that initially. Didn't work. (I'm running Debian, BTW.)

Last edited by oneiric; 12-02-2023 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:19 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run calibre as

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb calibre

then it will work or alternately in the viewer controls click reset layout
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:10 PM   #5
oneiric

Thanks so much! Reset interface solved the problem instantly. As an aside, running QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb calibre didn't solve the issue, only reproducing the undocked, floating TOC scenario. I'm running Debian 12.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:41 PM   #6
Kalkas
Kalkas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have a different problem. In Calibre for Windows 10, the TOC is floating and I prefer that way. But in Calibre for Debian 12, the TOC is not floating, but is attached to the viewer. Is it possible to make it float?

The information about my system:
Calibre version 7.8

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 12
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.103.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.0-20-amd64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Kalkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:44 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click the undock button on the titlebar of the pane or double click th etitlebar.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 05:11 PM   #8
Kalkas
Kalkas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Click the undock button on the titlebar of the pane or double click th etitlebar.
Thanks for the help. The prooblem is solved
Kalkas is offline   Reply With Quote