Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your level of fitness?
I work out almost eveyrday and consider myself "in-shape." 15 18.07%
I work out a few times a week. 28 33.73%
I don't work out but feel pretty "in-shape" 10 12.05%
Working out? Surely you jest. 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #91
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I think i'd go mad if my only exercise was limited to two days of the week. Though I detest gyms as well. My partner and I workout together for an hour or so every evening.
Wish I could last an hour! I think an hour on the stair master would kill me, I think it was original invented by the same dude that invented the Iron Maiden and The Rack
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #92
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Wish I could last an hour! I think an hour on the stair master would kill me, I think it was original invented by the same dude that invented the Iron Maiden and The Rack
I think an hour on the stairmaster would be torture for anyone. We do a different workout everyday. It varies from cardio to lifting to yoga and pilates.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #93
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahh ok, I was kidding about the stairmaster, but I do find the stairmaster to be torture, even a few minutes.

I used to go to a gym, but like Harry said its boring. The gym I went to there were a lot of women in spandex and mack-up trolling for stock brokers, at least I think thats what they were doing, they sure weren't working out
Old 02-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #94
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Ahh ok, I was kidding about the stairmaster, but I do find the stairmaster to be torture, even a few minutes.

I used to go to a gym, but like Harry said its boring. The gym I went to there were a lot of women in spandex and mack-up trolling for stock brokers, at least I think thats what they were doing, they sure weren't working out
There is a gym here on main street Berlin, at the KuDamm, at I am not sure but about 4th or 5th floor. All the staff in the office building on the other side are known to bet on the girls, who will use the elevator and which workout they will do. Those with the most make-up and glitzi stuff use the elevator to go upstairs to the gym just to hit the stairmaster When they are done they use the elevator again to go downstairs. I've known quite a few fitness trainers who dreaded the place.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #95
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
There is a gym here on main street Berlin, at the KuDamm, at I am not sure but about 4th or 5th floor. All the staff in the office building on the other side are known to bet on the girls, who will use the elevator and which workout they will do. Those with the most make-up and glitzi stuff use the elevator to go upstairs to the gym just to hit the stairmaster When they are done they use the elevator again to go downstairs. I've known quite a few fitness trainers who dreaded the place.
Pretty much every gym I have been in reminded me of a disco, you know a bunch of men with a paunch, sweating a liter a minute and dreading every second and a bunch of girls trying to get a free drink, with nothing more than a wiggle of their finely toned bottoms
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #96
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Those with the most make-up and glitzi stuff use the elevator to go upstairs to the gym just to hit the stairmaster When they are done they use the elevator again to go downstairs.
Is that really any different to those people who drive to a gym, spend an hour on a treadmill, and then drive home again? I wonder if the idea of simply taking a walk has ever occured to them?

Last edited by HarryT; 02-28-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Typo
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #97
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is that really any different to those people to drive to a gym, spend an hour on a treadmill, and then drive home again? I wonder if the idea of simply taking a walk has ever occured to them?
Are you insane man, walk outside, no air conditioning, no mirror to admire myself in, no one to admire me, you sir have no idea! Sheesh
Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #98
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Saturday, my friend the mason that does the maintenance of my house came to fix some broken tiles on the roof.

The thing was that I was not meeting him since some months and he was ecstatic about my looks after the diet and giving up the smoking and drinking, and all this swimming.

Last edited by beppe; 03-01-2011 at 01:25 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #99
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:

Quote:
Is that really any different to those people who drive to a gym, spend an hour on a treadmill, and then drive home again? I wonder if the idea of simply taking a walk has ever occured to them?
That's why I bought a StairMonster. I did all that and mostly used the one machine. Now, I wake up and just stumble onto the StairMonster. When I'm finished, I hop right in my own shower. I don't need workout clothes because well...I'm working out at home and since I have to do the laundry, why bother? I don't need sneakers, just a soft sole under foot, which is usually in the form of flip flops or crocs (no need for socks). You can't wear those in a gym!

My Iron Maiden with a reading Rack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4567.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	648.7 KB
ID:	67531  
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #100
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
That's why I bought a StairMonster. I did all that and mostly used the one machine. Now, I wake up and just stumble onto the StairMonster. When I'm finished, I hop right in my own shower. I don't need workout clothes because well...I'm working out at home and since I have to do the laundry, why bother? I don't need sneakers, just a soft sole under foot, which is usually in the form of flip flops or crocs (no need for socks). You can't wear those in a gym!

My Iron Maiden with a reading Rack
You must have rock hard..err never mind
Old 03-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #101
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perhaps its where I live, but many of the gyms around me are gender-restricted. There are a number of women's only gyms for women who want to work out without men ogling them. So I assure you guys there are women out there who DO go to gyms to work out. Though your hyperbolic over-genralization was funny. And in fairness, when I've been dragged to one of those women's only places, I've refrained from ogling the women to the best of my ability
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #102
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Seriously though, you are 100% correct in saying I was over generalizing, and I admit that I was, but here in Asia most of the girls, (more than 50%) have little use of the gym for anything other than a social gathering. I had a couple of the gym dolls working for me and neither one of them could tell you what a stairmaster was let alone use it, even thought they went to the gym, by their admission, at least 4 times a week. Gyms here tend to offer better rates to the young pretty girls than to the old farts with a paunch, not a generalization, I have had the experience. They are not shy about it here and there is now law saying they can't do it, so they do.

I'm not to sure the young guys going to the gym mind so much
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #103
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
... those people who drive to a gym, spend an hour on a treadmill, and then drive home again? I wonder if the idea of simply taking a walk has ever occured to them?
LOL! So close to what was I was going to write! I have lots of friends who rave about their spinning and want me to join them. Are you kidding??? I'm on my bicycle every frickin' day to and from work. Sun or rain or snow or ice. Saves me money twice: No gas, no spinning class membership fee! And then I can plant my behind firmly in the couch and spend some quality time with my laptop and eReader!

(Oh yeah, that "little" rascal in my avatar (a gigantic Siberian Husky) insists on adding to my daily exercise regime as well.)

Last edited by Asawi; 03-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #104
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
LOL! So close to what was I was going to write! I have lots of friends who rave about their spinning and want me to join them. Are you kidding??? I'm on my bicycle every frickin' day to and from work. Sun or rain or snow or ice. Saves me money twice: No gas, no spinning class membership fee! And then I can plant my behind firmly in the couch and spend some quality time with my laptop and eReader!

(Oh yeah, that "little" rascal in my avatar (a gigantic Siberian Husky) insists on adding to my daily exercise regime as well.)
I wish I was able to do this. I'm only about 10 miles from my office, but it would necessitate me finding somewhere to shower when I go there. Corporate law firms have little consideration for health if you show up to work smelling like you just biked ten miles. We're about to be absorbed into one of the firms larger buildings and I'm hoping that we'll have shower facilities there.

PS Your puppy is gorgeous.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #105
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Corporate law firms have little consideration for health if you show up to work smelling like you just biked ten miles.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote