Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you schedule your reading time?
Yes 7 12.50%
No 49 87.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Do you schedule your reading time?

It has come to my attention while looking at my Kindle home page there are alot more to-read books on their then my reading time seems to allow me to get to. Through consideration I also know that I spend alot of time doing other things, perhaps through lazyness like watching the tube or spending alot of time on sites like twitter and facebooks.

So, I have been considering setting aside a specific time to read... or at least a goal. I was thinking of starting with something simple like, read at least 2 hours per day (in one block) on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone else do something like this? Anyone else have DEAR (drop everything and read) time at their house hld?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
not so far but i probably should. my list is long too. it sounds like a good idea to me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
No. Reading is pure pleasure. I read when I get the 'urge'.

Scheduling it would make it more like work.....I would HAVE to read.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Yea... I get that. But, many times I find myself thinking... Should I be reading rather than watching reality TV!?

BOb
Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Ditto! I think that is also why I haven't been into getting ebooks from the library. I hate being pressured to read something in a limited amount of time.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Reading is never work - I schedule it so that I make sure I get some reading time. It's more making sure I have an opportunity to read than forcing myself. It also means that I can schedule other things, and encourages me to do something other than read
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Ditto! I think that is also why I haven't been into getting ebooks from the library. I hate being pressured to read something in a limited amount of time.
So, I'm confused, why did you vote yes?

BOb
Old 06-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, I'm confused, why did you vote yes?

BOb
I thought I voted "no". I still have some issues with this netbook cursor going places I don't mean it to.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I thought I voted "no". I still have some issues with this netbook cursor going places I don't mean it to.
Click on one of the numbers on the poll... I have it set to public... you can see who voted for what.

BOb
Old 06-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Click on one of the numbers on the poll... I have it set to public... you can see who voted for what.

BOb
Oooh! That's a new trick I didn't know about. I am definitely a "NO". My "yes" vote was a mistake. Sorry for throwing your poll results off.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oooh! That's a new trick I didn't know about. I am definitely a "NO". My "yes" vote was a mistake. Sorry for throwing your poll results off.
I think I can change it.

BOb

EDIT: Hmm... seems as a mod I can edit the numbers... but I can't see a way to edit who voted for what.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I think I can change it.

BOb

EDIT: Hmm... seems as a mod I can edit the numbers... but I can't see a way to edit who voted for what.
Thanks for trying. We'll just have to remember to add and subtract one when the poll closes in July. Or maybe a nice "yes" person will vote "no" for me.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
I voted no.. but rethinking kinda...as I'm up around 5 every morning (not sure why) I make coffee. take the dog for a walk and when I get home theres nothing better than the
smell of coffee and my reader ready...then I figure its summer..to short .. so figure when its nice I go out side and read till my eyes hurt..maybe do some something..read some more ..When it rains I do housework..not one of my favorite things..oh ..I work to. so have to fit that in...so can my answer still be *no*?
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'm generally an ad hoc reader - but I always read in bed before I go to sleep (does that count as scheduling?).

(I haven't voted yet pending adjudication.)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'm generally an ad hoc reader - but I always read in bed before I go to sleep (does that count as scheduling?).

(I haven't voted yet pending adjudication.)
heh, depending on the decision, i may have to change my vote.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote