Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Brand new Glo. power button doesn't work.

I just bought a brand new Kobo Glo for my wife.
Plugged it into my PC and did the set up.
All seemed to go well, but noticed I couldn't power it off via the Power slider.

So let it time out and turn off by itself and tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't power on via the power slider.

Tried a factory reset and same thing.

Sounds like a faulty power slider to me.
Any other ideas or is it a RMA situation?

Hoping is I have to send it back I can take it back to the shop I got it from (The good guys in Brisbane, Australia)
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I would take it back to the shop and see if you can exchange it there. Does sound like a hardware issue.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Agreed. I emailed the shop and they replied saying I can just take it back to any of their branches for a replacement.

So, whilst annoyed it's faulty, I'm very happy with the shop for a no quibble replacement.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You didn't mention charging the battery for a period of time, before setting up your new device. Most such devices require that you initially charge the Li battery device for a number of hours, often "overnight", before use.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru

' Hi, I charged it for charged several hours before setting it up.
It showed the text "fully charged" when I set it up.

I've set up several different kobo ereaders, including 3 Kobo Glos, 4 Kobo touches.
Not all were mine, some were for friends.
This is the first time I've experienced this.
Advert