Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #46
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It started as a joke back when the mAcbook aIr was announced. It's a reference to Ipod, Imac, Iphone. etc. Capitalizing the second character in a product name bugs me. Since aPple does it with most products, I do it to aPple.
It might nag you but I like it, use it and still get a chuckle each time.
It feels... delinquant, kind of giving back on all the frustrations aPple gets me.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #47
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
It might nag you but I like it, use it and still get a chuckle each time.
It feels... delinquant, kind of giving back on all the frustrations aPple gets me.
It's not you. aPple is the one that bugs me. You only satirize, which is funny.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #48
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It's not you. aPple is the one that bugs me. You only satirize, which is funny.
No no ! I didn't express myself correctly I knew how you felf about aPple, and I love your find. The first time I really noticed how you always wrote mAc names, two plus two added up in my head and it fell off laughing.

I'm a very long time aPple user since the Mac 128k in 84. The first time I saw the word iMac, I couldn't believe how corny it felt and every time an other one came up I went " Oh brother!" It's about time they matured out of bad taste.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #49
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
...It's about time they matured out of bad taste.
iAgree.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
iAgree.

Cheers,
Marc
iDon't!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Apple will not be announcing an eBook reader in February. They will not be announcing one the first week in March. And I think it's safe to say the second week in March is right out too.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #52
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
iDon't!
iDiot.

(I know I don't have to tell you, Harry, but for all others, that's just a joke, okay? I no more consider Harry an iDiot than I do Mel Gibson a productive use of oxygen.)

Cheers,
Marc
Old 03-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #53
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

rEal cUte gUys !
Old 03-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #54
nairbv
Connoisseur
nairbv began at the beginning.

Device: still looking for an ebook reader device
aPple?

eBook?

What's the "i" in all these iPod iMac iPhone devices supposed to stand for anyways?
nairbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:03 AM   #55
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbv View Post
aPple?

eBook?

What's the "i" in all these iPod iMac iPhone devices supposed to stand for anyways?
It stands for the most popular word in the English language, and it stands alone.

Hmm, there's almost a metaphor in that last, hey?

Cheers,
Marc (who has no idea what the "i" actually stands for, but suspects he's on the money)
Old 03-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #56
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I suppose the can'twealljustgetalongPod did not fare well in early marketing trials.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #57
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I suppose the can'twealljustgetalongPod did not fare well in early marketing trials.
pfff hahaha !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #58
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbv View Post
aPple?

eBook?

The first appearance of the dreadded "i" was on the iMac, because it was meant as the first internet centered computer. "i" as internet. After that things really degenerated.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #59
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
March is nearly gone. Looks like the anticipated iSlate isLate.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #60
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
March is nearly gone. Looks like the anticipated iSlate isLate.
aaarg !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote