Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2023, 05:40 PM   #31
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOnTheLine View Post
Interesting Discovery. I found a Firmware that isn't in the `Source Code Notice` list but I can confirm is downloadable & exists.

5.14.3 for PW3

I also have seen references to 5.11.1 & 5.10.3 but neither of those are on the list either, so it looks like the List isn't the be-all-end-all after all. But it definitely saved a lot of work & has things I'd likely never have found otherwise.
Yeah, 5.10.3 was discussed on the KindleBreak thread. Get used to amazon being sloppy.

This is part of why it is valuable to have centralised information for all things kindle firmware.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 11:09 PM   #32
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW1|PW3|PW4), Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Laptop running debian.

It's probably because I don't allow google cookies or javascript on google pages. I also avoid google sites unless there is a compelling reason to go there.
Yeah, I'm not sure but all those things could definitely be the cause or a combination of a couple or whatnot. I understand the Google avoidance, but it's really the only free option that is actually usable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Could you temporarily attach a copy of the sheet to one of your posts? I uderstand the whole idea is cloud collaboration, but I can't participate in that when the host is google.
I mean I wouldn't have a problem doing so, temporarily or not... I just don't know how I'd do that without doing a lot of work, which would essentially be what I'm doing integrating it into the Wiki. The benefits of the sheet is that I can just write a formula & do batch edits, then the whole thing creates itself & keeps it updated with any additions.
Like the page for the firmware I just filtered out everything that isn't the number, then I made each device into it's own column, then matched rows. I then added a line under the heading that had the base URL of each link.
I then duplicated the sheet, & changed the 1st cell into a formula that takes the base URL from each column in the original sheet & adds the number in the cell in the other sheet & a ".bin" then just copied the formula to the rest of it. If you are that set on avoiding Google you can do the same thing in whatever you use assuming it has basic spreadsheet formulas. When I'm home I can list the formulas I use to make it easier

Last edited by LostOnTheLine; 09-27-2023 at 12:05 AM.
LostOnTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 04:16 AM   #33
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I finished adding every Firmware from the Source Code page to the Wiki. Any other Firmwares people know about or just have heard about let me know so I can add them with a note. & see if I can find which device they were on. Otherwise the list should be complete.
Now I just need to add the Models, find links to pages about the Firmware & hopefully track down some of the Amazon release notes if I can.
After that I'll consider it finished enough to be added to the indexes or whatever & hope, over time, we can get more information to sift into it, like when certain features were added/removed, like when the old Library Collections that were useful went away, & when the ability to go to the next in series was taken away for books not purchased from Amazon, & any of the older Jailbreak or Serial Jailbreak methods & what Firmwares they support

Last edited by LostOnTheLine; 09-27-2023 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:20 AM   #34
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur

Updated to add LanguageBreak link. Has anyone tested this? I plan to on a PW3 but haven't yet. There doesn't seem to be much information on testing except on a PW4 running 5.16.2

Last edited by LostOnTheLine; 11-07-2023 at 05:24 AM.

Tags
changelog, comparison, firmware, jailbreak kindle, kindle firmware update