Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #136
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
calvin,
have you tried my latest builds?
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #137
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
I think so...

I am using CoolReader 3.0.56-17 from Apr 15 2012
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #138
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
First of all, thanks a lot for your hard work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaiksander View Post
1. On the "go to page dialog" menu. For some books it display index-like list, but I cant tap it to jump to that page. For the others with no index-like list there is only a blank area in the center. Both the afore mentioned and the later apparently look like a number typing area (because everytime I tap, the 'enter page number' display numbers--it turned out to be page number). Is it only on my kindle?
I have the same problem!
I have CoolReader 3.0.56-17 from Apr 15 2012.
Here are two screenshots, one with TOC and one without TOC.
With TOC, if I tap on a chapter, I get a number displayed in the box down in the page (the number changes if I tap on different part of the screen).
Without TOC I get the same behaviour but I can't see (obviously) chapters...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-06-02T21_09_36-0200.gif
Views:	406
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	87224   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-06-02T21_10_20-0200.gif
Views:	315
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	87225  
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #139
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
You can't tap on the toc. Only for reference. you nees to use the touch number detection. Think of the number keys as long tabs running the width of the kindle. See attached pic.

Last edited by aditya3098; 06-03-2012 at 05:35 AM.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #140
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

try this one and write back.
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #141
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
try this one and write back.
Thanks, it works like a charm!!!
Thanks a lot for your work!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #142
calvin
DRM remover

Thanks for the update varnie!

I will try it later! What has changed from 0.1.3?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #143
calvin
DRM remover

GREAT !!!!

- refresh working
- touchable TOC
- nice progress bar

that's what I found new so far

one question:
how can I switch folders in the open dialog? not going deeper in the folder hierarchy but going higher than ../documents/

my Wishlist for the next or the version after next...
- clickable links/footnotes
- Dictionary

Last edited by calvin; 06-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #144
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
one question:
how can I switch folders in the open dialog? not going deeper in the folder hierarchy but going higher than ../documents/
That's currently not possible. The assumption is that all your reading material is in the documents folder.

Although I've seen some people on the net wanting a folder separate from the one where the Amazon specific documents are.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #145
varnie
Connoisseur

agree with bhaak.
it looks meaningless for me as well.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #146
calvin
DRM remover

OK, you are right , I created an epub folder under /documents/ and everything is fine!

I have found maybe one small bug with font rendering.

I have installed the Touch Font Hack, and in the normal reader all fonts look fine. In Coolreader if there is italic in the book, there is not the correct italic font displayed. I will try to create some screenshots.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #147
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

varnie, why did you move the position of the battery icon in this commit? Now it almost touching the position line:
https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpRe...60a6815#diff-3

The idea with the arrows in the menu and the functioning page dialog is great. Thanks for your work.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #148
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
I have installed the Touch Font Hack, and in the normal reader all fonts look fine. In Coolreader if there is italic in the book, there is not the correct italic font displayed. I will try to create some screenshots.
Have you update amazon's freetype library with this version?.

Have you tried setting/changing the font from HackedUpReader's settings menu?
Old 06-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #149
varnie
Connoisseur

bhaak, I had an issue with implementing the correct page refresh. For some weird reason it cleaned up the upper rectangle but didn't re-render it after that. (I meant the amazon built-in utility "eips"). As a quick fix I decided to position the battery icon so that the refresh won't mess it up.
By the way, I didn't test this behaviour on the latest firmware update, maybe now it works as it is supposed to. In that case I might change it back.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #150
calvin
DRM remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
Have you update amazon's freetype library with this version?.

Have you tried setting/changing the font from HackedUpReader's settings menu?
Thanks for your answer, that was the reason, the old freetype library....

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons