Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
jekoby
jekoby began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Problem with removing formatting

Is anyone else having problems with this?

When I'm editing the meta data for a book, there is a button that used to remove formatting if needed. It's in the section for comments and looks like several green arrows going in a circle. Up until a couple of updates ago it worked really well - if I pasted something into the comments section that had a bunch of formatting, like links, etc., if I clicked on that button, it would remove all of the formatting and just leave text. Now, it doesn't do anything.

I think it's been at least 3-4 updates ago that it was working correctly - I've been waiting because almost all the time, if I'm having an issue with something and just hold on for a while, it gets fixed. Since this has been a while, now I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with this - maybe it's something on my end??? in advance!
jekoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekoby View Post
I think it's been at least 3-4 updates ago that it was working correctly - I've been waiting because almost all the time, if I'm having an issue with something and just hold on for a while, it gets fixed.
It works as I would expect.

It removes the formatting of whatever you have highlighted. If you don't select anything then nothing happens when you click the remove format icon. If you select all (Ctrl a) then all formatting will be removed.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
jekoby
jekoby began at the beginning.

Device: none
I LOVE this board (even though I don't post much, I get a ton of help from here!)

I wasn't highlighting anything - I guess when it worked before, I must have had the text highlighted and not really thought about it. Highlight and it works just like it used to!

Thanks for the help!
jekoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekoby View Post
I wasn't highlighting anything - I guess when it worked before, I must have had the text highlighted
You're Welcome, but maybe before you didn't have to highlight anything and that "bug" was corrected to let folks be selective.

Glad it works for you now.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Actually I have a similar problem. I think it is dependent on the structure of the html you have pasted in.

For instance, grab the description for a book from this page:
http://www.dimorrissey.com/book_theplantation.html

Now if you paste that into a completely blank description in the Edit Metadata dialog (as you would have from a new/empty book), then no amount of remove formatting will remove the padded spacing at the top. You can verify this by flicking to the HTML Source tab.

OTOH if before pasting I type "SUMMARY:" and press shift enter, then paste in the text, select all, then do remove formatting, I get the result I wanted.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert