Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
Tejaswini
Tejaswini began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post query about using calibre for a big library

Hi friends !
This is Tejaswini. I want to know if any of caliber users are using it to manage big libraries?
With big libraries in question , do we have an option to add classification numbers to our collection?
If no, i would like it to add as a suggestion for improving caliber.
Tejaswini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I use Calibre to manage my library of (at the time of this posting) 2517 ebooks.

I don't know what you mean by classification numbers, but you can certainly add tags to your ebooks. Your tags could be anything from a number to a phrase.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There are people around here who have 10.000+ books in their library. I don't think there's a upper limit to your library size apart from practical (memory size) matters.
You can actually add any field you'd like to to your library. The feature is called "custom columns", see "preferences->custom columns" or the manual.

If by classification system you're thinking about for example the Dewey system, there's actually been some discussion as to whether that should be implemented as a column. The consensus, though, seems to be that at least for the time being, people wanting to use such a system should implement it themselves by adding an appropriate custom column.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote