Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
culpr1t
culpr1t began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Adroid Phone using Kindle for Android 2.0.2.102300153
Question Query regarding Calibre setup

Hi!

I have a HTC android phone on which I am running Kindle for Android app
2.0.2.102300153 and it works nicely with mobi files.

But, when I go to set up Calibre, even though there was an Amizon android
option in the info movie, when I run a newly installed Calibre ver 0.7.38 it doesn't have this option.

So, what should I do? Remove the app and install the WordPlayer app suggested by Calibre instead?

Thanks for your thoughts!

culprit
culpr1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Moved to the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If your device is not being recognized by calibre, then please follow the instructions at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app

Calibre does not support individual reader applications. It supports putting book files on the device for the reader program to find. If kindle for android needs a special folder location that you for some reason you cannot enter in device customization (preferences -> plugins -> device plugins -> android), then post here to let us know.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
culpr1t
culpr1t began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Adroid Phone using Kindle for Android 2.0.2.102300153
I believe you've found the answer Chaley. I discovered that if I set up email delivery of my ebooks from Calibre, it works fine. Once I figured out how to set it up and what to do with them once I received them on my phone. Download...use OI FileManager to find them on the SD area of Mail then move them to the kindle folder...all was well. So I believe that this query is answered at least as far as I'm concerned.
culpr1t is offline   Reply With Quote