Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-30-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
Ivkosky
Ivkosky began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch 622
Exclamation Please help! Screen on my Touch has died?!

Dear all

I have had my Pocketbook 622 Touch for almost two years now and have been very happy with it. However, it seems that my display just died yesterday! I didn't use it for three days and when I turned it on yesterday, the led light illuminated for a short while as always on start-up (I turned it off in the settings, so it flashes up just at start-up), but the screen remained blank. I've tried to press the home button, etc. but no reaction of the screen whatsoever.

I thought that maybe for some strange reason the battery is low (although I knew it was pretty full last time I used it a couple of days ago), so I charged it, but still the same is happening. I then tried to reset the device, but again, no response from the screen - it is completely blank! For completeness - there is no physical damage to the device or its display. I have always had it protected in a case, etc. Also, I haven't updated the firmware recently, so it cannot be an issue of a wrongly updated firmware.

If it helps, I can access the device if I plug it to the PC...

I've tried to contact the support by the phone, but no luck... I would be therefore very grateful if somebody can help here. I will be traveling outside Europe this weekend and will stay there for a few months, so a swift response would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks!

Last edited by Ivkosky; 06-30-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Ivkosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
The general advice in the German subforum here is to charge overnight and repeatedly try to reset.

If you can't reach the support via phone you might try to contact the "chief" of the German Pocketbook division via a pm and see if he can help you. He is active as "Forkosigan" here.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert