Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
MRPI errors

PW4 8gb WiFi G000PP
fw 5.10.2

Jailbroken with no problems and updated to 5.10.2.

Used MRPI to install the following:
python
screensavers
usbnet
rp
crp
librarian sync
kual
fakereg

Took everything that was available from NiLuJe snapshots; the rest from their own threads.

RP, CRP, LibrarianSync, Fakereg failed with the same message "not targeting your device":

Code:

[2018-12-12 @ 01:26:56 +0000] :: [MRPI r15581] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_reginfo_0.1_k5_install.bin' (reginfo 0.1 k5 I) . . .

Package 'Update_reginfo_0.1_k5_install.bin' (reginfo 0.1 k5 I) is not targeting your device [0PP vs. 11 0F 10 24 1B 1C 1D 1F 20 D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F 61 C6 DD 13 54 53 0G1 0G7 0G6 0G2 0G5], skipping . . . :(

[2018-12-12 @ 11:28:23 -0501] :: [MRPI r15581] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_crp_3.N_install.bin' (crp 3.N I) . . .

Package 'Update_crp_3.N_install.bin' (crp 3.N I) is not targeting your device [0PP vs. 11 0F 10 24 1B 1C 1D 1F 20 D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F 61 C6 DD 13 54 53 2A 52 0G1 0G7 0G6 0G2 0G5 0G4 0KB 0KC 0LK 0LL 0KE 0KF 0GC 0GD 0GU 0GR 0GT 0K9 0KA], skipping . . . :(

[2018-12-12 @ 11:28:25 -0501] :: [MRPI r15581] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5.bin' (librariansync 1.10 kindle5) . . .

Package 'Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5.bin' (librariansync 1.10 kindle5) is not targeting your device [0PP vs. 11 0F 10 24 1B 1C 1D 1F 20 D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F C6 13 54 53], skipping . . . :(

[2018-12-12 @ 01:26:43 +0000] :: [MRPI r15581] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_rp_20180530.N_install.bin' (rp 20180530.N I) . . .

Package 'Update_rp_20180530.N_install.bin' (rp 20180530.N I) is not targeting your device [0PP vs. 11 0F 10 24 1B 1C 1D 1F 20 D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F 61 C6 DD 13 54 53 2A 52 0G1 0G7 0G6 0G2 0G5 0G4 0KB 0KC 0LK 0LL 0KE 0KF 0GC 0GD 0GU 0GR 0GT 0K9 0KA], skipping . . . :(
Work around for FakeReg was to use RUNME.sh script.

Not sure what to do about the other 3.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You can ignore the reginfo, rp and crp packages, the message is correct.
If you used my posted runme script for the fake registration, I can assure you, it has not been tested for your device nor your firmware version (PEBKEC).
Investigate the Librariansync package thread, determine if it has been tested and build for your device. In this case I also suspect PEBKEC (package not for your device).

Last edited by knc1; 12-13-2018 at 01:01 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Everything is on point .

As @knc1 said, RP & CRP cannot be supported on that device, so MRPI just did its job.

LibrarianSync hasn't been rebuilt in a while, but the good news is, you don't actually need an update package to install it, you can just chuck everything in the right place yourself, it doesn't need to put anything outside of the user-visible USB partition.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@NiLuJe, I Installed LibrarianSync manually (even re-downloaded from GitHub).

Get these errors:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 318, in <module>
    source="folders")
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 233, in update_cc_db
    cc.execute()
  File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/cc_update.py", line 112, in execute
    proxies={'no': 'pass'})
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 116, in post
    return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 519, in request
    prep = self.prepare_request(req)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 462, in prepare_request
    hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks),
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 313, in prepare
    self.prepare_url(url, params)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 396, in prepare_url
    if not unicode_is_ascii(host):
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/_internal_utils.py", line 37, in unicode_is_ascii
    assert isinstance(u_string, str)
AssertionError
Any suggestions? Thank you.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:34 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllc View Post
@NiLuJe, I Installed LibrarianSync manually (even re-downloaded from GitHub).

Get these errors:

Spoiler:

Code:
    source="folders")
    cc.execute()
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 116, in post
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 519, in request
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 462, in prepare_request
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 313, in prepare
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 396, in prepare_url
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/_internal_utils.py", line 37, in unicode_is_ascii
AssertionError

Any suggestions? Thank you.
By any chance do you have wifi on? From recent experience, I believe Amazon Cloud Collections might be interfering with LibrarianSync. Enable airplane mode before rebuilding/updating collections with LibrarianSync.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM   #6
fllc
has been

WiFi is off.

When creating a collection manually, Kindle does respond with "blah-blah" about WiFi and cloud collections. Seems to be a warning that I dismiss without any impact.

Is there anyone who is running LibrarianSync on PW4 successfully?
Old 12-14-2018, 12:11 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
WiFi is off.

When creating a collection manually, Kindle does respond with "blah-blah" about WiFi and cloud collections. Seems to be a warning that I dismiss without any impact.

Is there anyone who is running LibrarianSync on PW4 successfully?
I'm 99% sure I've tried it on PW4 running factory fw 5.10.0.2 and it worked. Granted, that Kindle's not registered with Amazon. I only use LibrarianSync with unregistered devices so I can create collections for my sideloaded fanfics.

I'm kinda juggling between a number of different Kindles so I'll have to double check when I get home.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
fllc
has been

I want to verify that my Python install is correct. Here is mrinstaller.log with a lot of the same type of error:

"tar: /etc/passwd: bad record"

I checked on my PW2, and there are no such errors.

I redownloaded from NiLuJe's snapshots but got identical result.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mrinstaller.log.txt (417.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 12-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I want to verify that my Python install is correct. Here is mrinstaller.log with a lot of the same type of error:

"tar: /etc/passwd: bad record"

I checked on my PW2, and there are no such errors.

I redownloaded from NiLuJe's snapshots but got identical result.
So what are the first six characters of your device's serial number?
Code:
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi (8GB) (0PP -> 0x2F7)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi (32GB) (0T6 -> 0x366)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi+4G (32GB) (0T1 -> 0x361)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi+4G (32GB) Europe (0T2 -> 0x362)
Old 12-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's probably a (harmless?) warning from the glibc or busbox objecting to Amazon's shenanigans to lock the root account.

EDIT: Yep, bb, c.f., parse_common @ libpwdgrp/pwd_grp.c
Old 12-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #11
fllc
has been

Any other ideas why I am getting the above errors when trying to create collections from folders?

I am willing to try anything.

BTW, tried "export collections" and it worked fine.

Thank you all.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@fllc:

Does changing L109 of librariansync/cc_update.py from
Code:
r = requests.post("http://127.0.0.1:9101/change",
to
Code:
r = requests.post(u"http://127.0.0.1:9101/change",
help?
Old 12-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #13
fllc
has been

No. Seems to give the same errors:

Spoiler:
source="folders")
cc.execute()
AssertionError
Old 12-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Wonder if Amazon changed something collections-related in fw5.10.2.

I just tried LibrarianSync on a registered PW4 with fw5.10.1.2 (in airplane mode) and that worked.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Wonder if Amazon changed something collections-related in fw5.10.2.

I just tried LibrarianSync on a registered PW4 with fw5.10.1.2 (in airplane mode) and that worked.
If you have access to the Kindle's command line, it has interactive SQLite3 installed.

Command it to print the scheme of the collection databases in the firmware that works and the one that does not.

Note: Does not require a Kindle, may also be done on any Linux machine by mounting the image.fs from the respective firmware updates.
(The SQLite3 installed on your Linux box can read/write the Kindle's DB files just fine. I.E: No difference because of ARM/Intel mis-match.)
If you don't have SQLite3 installed on your PC, install it.