Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #226
raist1976
raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs 505
Hi,

I think I found a small bug on the command line xray generator.

After successfully entering on shelfari 434 Characters on the Path of Daggers (I deserve a medail of honor ), 8th book of the Wheel of Time from Robert Jordan, I managed to generate the xray file but it was not working, giving me a SX error.

I saw that it was a symptom of unvalid xray file.
I opened the file with a text editor and noticed some strange caracters on some descriptions : on notepad++, a black square with "xC2" inside. This seems an UTF8 caracter.

I compared with the descriptions I entered on shelfari and I noticed that every time that I put a set of parenthesis in a description, the xray builder transformed the parenthesis and all the text inside by such a caracter :

bla bla bla (and so for) bla bla bla --> bla bla bla xC2 bla bla bla.

After editing the xray file and puting back the correct description with parenthesis, my xray file works, yey !

Last edited by raist1976; 04-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.
raist1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #227
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by raist1976 View Post
Hi,

I think I found a small bug on the command line xray generator.

After successfully entering on shelfari 434 Characters on the Path of Daggers (I deserve a medail of honor ), 8th book of the Wheel of Time from Robert Jordan, I managed to generate the xray file but it was not working, giving me a SX error.

I saw that it was a symptom of unvalid xray file.
I opened the file with a text editor and noticed some strange caracters on some descriptions : on notepad++, a black square with "xC2" inside. This seems an UTF8 caracter.

I compared with the descriptions I entered on shelfari and I noticed that every time that I put a set of parenthesis in a description, the xray builder transformed the parenthesis and all the text inside by such a caracter :

bla bla bla (and so for) bla bla bla --> bla bla bla xC2 bla bla bla.

After editing the xray file and puting back the correct description with parenthesis, my xray file works, yey !
Intriguing! I updated the code on the repo with what is hopefully a fix (and doesn't break anything else). I'll update the downloads later.
Thanks

Last edited by Ephemerality; 04-23-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #228
happy_123
happy_123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
I can confirm it now works. Thanks a lot
Hi kindleBunny,
I tried using this plugin for GoT but doesn't work for me. I use Kindle PW. When I open my book, it displays an error message to download again from cloud. Did you follow make any other other than putting the generated file in _bookname_.sdr folder? Pl help.
Thanks
happy_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #229
happy_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Hopefully this newer version is better.

Hi,
I tried using the new version for Game of Thrones and it was unsuccessful. When the file is getting generated, it searches for rawml file.

Here is the error message

calibre, version 0.9.25 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to generate XRay: Failed: Generating XRay for A Clash of Kings (112)

Generating XRay for A Clash of Kings (112)
Loading Shelfari...Loading Wikipedia...Parsing book...
XRAY generation failed...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 208, in run
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 250, in _generate_xray
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 500, in rawml
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\XX\\Documents\\Calibre Library\\George R. R. Martin\\A Clash of Kings (112)\\mobi7\\4pgsqncaltmpfmt.rawml'

The parser looks into mobi7 folder but the *.rawml is in mobi8 directory. Can you please tweak the code? Also tried for Fellowship of the ring, x-ray file is generated successfully. However there aren't vertical black bars against each characters showing their frequency of appearance in the book.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #230
happy_123

My kindle conversion to mobi file type was selected as new rather than old. Now only mobi7 directory gets created and parser works normally. Even the vertical black bars for characters works perfectly. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:49 AM   #231
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_123 View Post
The parser looks into mobi7 folder but the *.rawml is in mobi8 directory.
Definitely a good point. I ran into the same issue and have mine check for both.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #232
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Hi kindleBunny,
I tried using this plugin for GoT but doesn't work for me. I use Kindle PW. When I open my book, it displays an error message to download again from cloud. Did you follow make any other other than putting the generated file in _bookname_.sdr folder? Pl help.
Thanks
I am glad it worked. I didn't do any other setting when it worked for me
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #233
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
My kindle conversion to mobi file type was selected as new rather than old. Now only mobi7 directory gets created and parser works normally. Even the vertical black bars for characters works perfectly. Thanks.
Thanks for the info.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #234
happy_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Definitely a good point. I ran into the same issue and have mine check for both.
I haven't read the mobi format posts. I would like to know what is the difference between old, new and both file types? I am under a general idea that latest device will support new file format but Kindle PW fails to work.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #235
happy_123

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
What is irritating is that mobi file re-sizes(fit to screen) images. In GoT, map image size are re-sized and also makes it difficult to zoom. If not for re-sizing, I would love to use mobi with your plugin. Thanks to all.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #236
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think everything going back to the Kindle Keyboard now has support for the new KF8 format. I don't know of problems resizing images, when I author Kindle books they seem to work out OK.

Here's my to do list for the Calibre plugin:
  • Cope with KF8 format
  • Better user interface
  • Support "location offset" (like the .NET version)
  • Support aliases list (like the .NET version)
  • Support "spoilers" option (like the .NET version)

Any suggestions for what priority these should be in?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 AM   #237
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I think everything going back to the Kindle Keyboard now has support for the new KF8 format. I don't know of problems resizing images, when I author Kindle books they seem to work out OK.

Here's my to do list for the Calibre plugin:
  • Cope with KF8 format
  • Better user interface
  • Support "location offset" (like the .NET version)
  • Support aliases list (like the .NET version)
  • Support "spoilers" option (like the .NET version)

Everytime I try to use your plugin it tells me the book has no ASIN?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #238
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
For me:
Aliases and other stuff like like described here.

This way it could be possible to have X-Ray for different languages!
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #239
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
As far as I know the book has to have an ASIN for the X-Ray function work.

Or do you think that your books do have ASINs but the plug-in isn't finding them?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #240
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
As far as I know, in order to have an ASIN code, you must disable sharing ("Enable sharing of book content via Facebook etc." must be unchecked) when converting your book.

Maybe this info should be added as a note to the first post?
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray