Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #46
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I just ordered And finally! The Paperwhite Kindle has adjustable margins.

Something strange on the shipping dates with the covers though. I ordered a Tan one, which has October 3 as the shipping date on the sales page. On the actual order though, shipping date shows as October 31. I'm presuming October 31 is the correct date.

Last edited by JoHunt; 09-06-2012 at 04:26 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #47
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
I just placed my order. Although, I was pretty disappointed to see only 2GB of internal storage on the Paperwhite
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #48
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Can't pre-order Kindle paperwhite for Canada. Says I need to go to the international page and then only gives me the low end $89 version.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #49
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
If you want audio, looks like Amazon is forcing you to go with a Fire model.
Or use TTS on my phone I guess.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #50
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's the big tablet. It has 4G LTE.
Huh, I thought we were discussing the free 3G on the paperwhite.

I'd rather have a 50 meg limit then zero and only the store and wiki.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #51
Cooling1978
Cooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
Talking

I just pre-ordered the wifi Kindle Paperwhite + persimmon cover. I'm sure the preorders for those cases will go fast since the estimated delivery dates are already slipping further and further into the future.

Anyway I am super excited about these new Kindles. I honestly can't imagine a more perfect e-reader. I used to be totally against the touch interface, and now I love it and can't go back to the NT Kindles.
Cooling1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #52
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Just ordered my Paperwhite 3g with black mag case. Estimate delivery October 10. So, so far away.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #53
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
It seems that the paperwhite is a US exclusive. Have pre-ordered the kindle fire HD 16 GB as the UK website is claiming that we will get access to the media content.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I don't see the Touch being around much longer...but I could be wrong.
It's gone. Look at the new banner. I've never seen a model get discontinued that fast. They said they worked on the KPW for 2 years now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #55
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Pre-ordered the Kindle Fire HD in 16GB. Thought about going bigger, but didn't think the outrageous tax was worth it. I have so many cloud services anyway. Going to get the Paperwhite later on for my travels next year.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #56
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Est. Delivery for my 3G Paperwhite: Oct 2nd.
Est. Delivery for my Ink Blue cover: Oct 31st.

Looks like ill be going naked for a while.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Pre-ordered the Kindle Fire HD in 16GB. Thought about going bigger, but didn't think the outrageous tax was worth it. I have so many cloud services anyway. Going to get the Paperwhite later on for my travels next year.
Are they charging Tax now? Someone else mentioned it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #58
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I really thought I'd hate the Touch not having buttons. I don't miss them even a little bit.
Does it works inside waterproof bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It the same size as the new K4 so I am guessing it's alot less.
KT has 3GB.
Old K4 1.25GB
KT had 4GB
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #59
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
Does it works inside waterproof bags?
No, not really. Although with the Paperwhite being Capacitive rather than IR touch (like the KTouch is) that may not be a problem.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #60
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
Est. Delivery for my 3G Paperwhite: Oct 2nd.
Est. Delivery for my Ink Blue cover: Oct 31st.

Looks like ill be going naked for a while.
Same dates here.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote