Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #61
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Call your credit card company ASAP.

Some time ago, I ordered something online and when the package arrived it was mangled and empty. The shipper did not require a signature from me, but I was home when the package arrived and picked it up within minutes of it being delivered, so I knew the package arrived empty.

I called the company who shipped it to me and explained to them what happened. They advised me to call my credit card company and told me the credit card company would credit my account and investigate it.

A few weeks later, the delivery guy knocked at my door and asked me about the package. Apparently, the shipping company was asserting that the delivery guy stole the stuff in my package (he was going to have to pay for it). I explained the situation to him and gave him the mangled envelope. That was the last I heard of it. The charge was removed from my account and I hope the delivery guy didn't have to pay because it was obvious to me that something happened to it, probably during sorting, that caused the package to be damaged and the material inside it to be lost.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #62
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Well, as i understood, he RETURNED the unit, and it got lost on the way back. I assume, he sent it himself, rather than have Bookeen pick it up, so it is unfortunately his resposibility to find out what happened to the package.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #63
pemilahu
CyBookeen Bubus
pemilahu began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
CELEBRATION TIME!

After my mail sent on December 17, 2007 and repeatedly sent on January 11, 2008 about my defective CyBook SD slot, Bookeen answered today:

"Apparently, you did not receive an answer.
Do you still have the issue?"

Funny guys, are not they?
pemilahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #64
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Actually, this is kind of funny. At least from someones elses perspective
I hope you get your problem resolved soon, though.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:59 AM   #65
David B
David B began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook GEN3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Well, as i understood, he RETURNED the unit, and it got lost on the way back. I assume, he sent it himself, rather than have Bookeen pick it up, so it is unfortunately his resposibility to find out what happened to the package.
Exactly...
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:51 AM   #66
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
This thread is kind of old, but people are still having problems--I first emailed them last Thursday and haven't gotten any indication they received it. It was sad in Jan; the fact that it's still a problem 4 months later is
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:00 AM   #67
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemilahu View Post
After my mail sent on December 17, 2007 and repeatedly sent on January 11, 2008 about my defective CyBook SD slot, Bookeen answered today:

"Apparently, you did not receive an answer.
Do you still have the issue?"

Funny guys, are not they?
I've had this kind of reply too in the past.
What I think is going on is that they notice that an email is not answered in a long long time and therefor somewhat assume that it MUST have somehow magically been answered via an other channel.
The thinking goes something like this (but in French) "This mail has not been answered in 3 weeks. Surely by now this customer has been gotten so impatient that he will have found another channel to get his answer. Surely he must have found on Google by now that Mobileread.com is our real Support website."...
Now there's the logic for you. In reality you should actually be pleased because it is a nice gesture of this person to ask you ... be grateful, he's the good guy on the other end in many ways.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #68
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
I got an answer from them last night. Basically they asked me to do what I'd already done over again but at least they responded. I think it's better to email first thing in the morning *their time* so it's right there when they log in, and I emailed the support email rather than the contact one-if they have to transfer it within the company it'll probably never get there
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote