Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Digital Editions does not recognize and authorize sony PRS-505

The problem is that it my first purchase a DRMed ebook at dieselbooks and I dowloaded digital editions and authorized it with no problems,

i downloaded the ebook and i was able to read it on digital editions. But the problem is that when i plug in the sony reader digital editions does not recognize it, so i cant authorize it and im unable to send the ebook there so that i can read the ebook on sony reader prs 505.

Since the ebook is DRMed i cant use another program to do it, i tried acrobat 8 with no solution.

Do you guys have an idea how to solve this problem?
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Run Digital Editions and then plug in your 505. It should ask about authorizing it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Have you installed the Sony software? You don't have to actually use it to move books but I think it might need to be installed initially to install the drivers for the PRS505, so maybe this is why ADE does not recognise it?

Just a thought.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
Have you installed the Sony software? You don't have to actually use it to move books but I think it might need to be installed initially to install the drivers for the PRS505, so maybe this is why ADE does not recognise it?

Just a thought.
Thanks guys,
I just saw that i didn't have it instaled, it was the problem.
Know its solved, thanks.
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote